What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

want to hand out business cards

I feel that people won't read a pamphlet so I want to condense the gospel to one sentence and put it on business cards to hand out. I used the ABC's of salvation in the past, but now feel that is works based and not the true gospel. Any suggestions?
I'm one of those who wants to keep it as simple as possible and avoid the works based ideas, like my avatar verse says.

How about selecting a Bible verse, maybe like "With God all things are possible!" Matt. 19:26, or "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son" John 3:16

I buy business card sized verses and hand them out.

John 3:16 or John 3:16-18
These days, King James isn't great for unsaved, regardless of whether or not primary language is or isn't English. I like ESV for everyday, modern, plain English that is understandable to people and doesn't sound preachy, religious, holier-than-thou, foreign, or old and irrelevant, but is still formal and conveys "specialness." Indicating which version helps avoid confusion or a point of refusal by unsaved. In places where multiple languages widespread, multiple languages on the same card would be good.

I don't hand out cards here because it is very unsafe, even deadly, for some recipients, especially muslim women and girls, and some Hindus. So, I wear The Gospel or other Christian stuff on my T shirts that I wear everywhere that anyone and everyone can read. Full text of John 3:16 or John 14:6, or Normal isn't Coming Back, Jesus is! or My World Revolves Around the Son (eclipse with cross reflection) (going to wear that t shirt on Monday), or He is Risen with outline cross (wore that one Resurrection Sunday), 5 solas spelled out, or The door was fine just fixing your theology Martin Luther 1517 with a pic of a hammer (good for Reformation Day and around Catholics and Orthodox with a sense of humor), etc. etc., etc. The Scripture text version t shirts best for unsaved since actually God's Word :)
While wearing John 3:16, I had the privilege of watching The Holy Ghost work right under the nose of satan one day :big grin;

:bouncies: :bouncies: :bouncies:

:thankyou: JESUS!!! :thankyou:

EDITED TO ADD: Just realized here, it would be cool to have someone silkscreen John 3:16 text in Arabic on the back of my John 3:16 shirts, but it would be safer if English were on the back and Arabic on the front, and I'd have to have someone I absolutely trust to do it because I can't read thousand-and-one-squiggles. Hmmm . . . as it is, I need to get John 3:16 text put on the front of the t shirt that has Dear person behind me, I hope you know Jesus loves you beyond measure. I pray He blesses you today. With love, the person in front of you (great for Minnesota State Fair and other crowds).

John 3:16 or John 3:16-18
These days, King James isn't great for unsaved, regardless of whether or not primary language is or isn't English. I like ESV for everyday, modern, plain English that is understandable to people and doesn't sound preachy, religious, holier-than-thou, foreign, or old and irrelevant, but is still formal and conveys "specialness." Indicating which version helps avoid confusion or a point of refusal by unsaved. In places where multiple languages widespread, multiple languages on the same card would be good.

I don't hand out cards here because it is very unsafe, even deadly, for some recipients, especially muslim women and girls, and some Hindus. So, I wear The Gospel or other Christian stuff on my T shirts that I wear everywhere that anyone and everyone can read. Full text of John 3:16 or John 14:6, or Normal isn't Coming Back, Jesus is! or My World Revolves Around the Son (eclipse with cross reflection) (going to wear that t shirt on Monday), or He is Risen with outline cross (wore that one Resurrection Sunday), 5 solas spelled out, or The door was fine just fixing your theology Martin Luther 1517 with a pic of a hammer (good for Reformation Day and around Catholics and Orthodox with a sense of humor), etc. etc., etc. The Scripture text version t shirts best for unsaved since actually God's Word :)
While wearing John 3:16, I had the privilege of watching The Holy Ghost work right under the nose of satan one day :big grin;

:bouncies: :bouncies: :bouncies:

:thankyou: JESUS!!! :thankyou:

EDITED TO ADD: Just realized here, it would be cool to have someone silkscreen John 3:16 text in Arabic on the back of my John 3:16 shirts, but it would be safer if English were on the back and Arabic on the front, and I'd have to have someone I absolutely trust to do it because I can't read thousand-and-one-squiggles. Hmmm . . . as it is, I need to get John 3:16 text put on the front of the t shirt that has Dear person behind me, I hope you know Jesus loves you beyond measure. I pray He blesses you today. With love, the person in front of you (great for Minnesota State Fair and other crow
thanks for your input. I will certainly keep your input in mind the next time I reorder. Ultimately, the Holy Spirit has to convict them. My feeling is that my little card may be the only reference to Jesus they see or hear other than someone taking his name in vain.

thanks for your input. I will certainly keep your input in mind the next time I reorder. Ultimately, the Holy Spirit has to convict them. My feeling is that my little card may be the only reference to Jesus they see or hear other than someone taking his name in vain.
Fortunately, God will make sure that whoever gets the Bible verses will still profit from them :)

Back