What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reversed witness to a "witness"

1LoverofGod

Well-known
I just got a visit from JW's.
I was so glad to see them and they were caught off guard as they began to "preach" to me when I took that opportunity to witness to them
Everything they brought up in their words, I quoted the scriptures they were referring to and added the context of the scriptures and gave them the witness.

They were funny because they would only give me their paraphrased explanations of the points they were making without opening a Bible nor quoting scripture to support what they said but I knew what they referred to and I quoted the Bible verses But gave the complete context of it and left them stunned and the man who was with his wife, said
"You sure know your Bible".

I got to add the gospel in the conversation and told them the only requirement for salvation because he said "we" have to work for it
I quoted Ephesians 2:8-9 that "we are saved by Grace not by works lest we boast".

I told him many are blind to the truth because the devil blinds the minds of those who won't accept the truth about Jesus.

I kid you not, the man began to stutter with his words in response to my witnessing to them
It was awesome!

To top it off, I had to witness in Spanish because the couple were speaking in Spanish.

Hey The Holy Spirit helped me with the words because I don't typically practice Spanish regularly.

They offered me literature and I said I don't accept anything written by sinful humans who have their own interpretation of the Bible.
I stick to the Bible alone because God's Word is Truth and not flawed like what humans write in literature.

They excused themselves and said "have a nice day ".

I got to share the gospel with JW's and I planted seeds, and I hope it sticks in their minds and goes to their hearts, and they will be drawn to the Truth about Jesus and His gospel of salvation and receive God's free gift.

The last time I dealt with JW (in a different state a looooooooong time ago), one stuck his foot across the threshold and I obliged him by slamming the door shut and breaking said foot :lol:
I was later told I could have done "more" because what the guy did was technically burglary of an inhabited dwelling (in later years called home invasion) and a serious felony.

Funny how satan hasn't sent any more of them my way :lol:

I just got a visit from JW's.
I was so glad to see them and they were caught off guard as they began to "preach" to me when I took that opportunity to witness to them
Everything they brought up in their words, I quoted the scriptures they were referring to and added the context of the scriptures and gave them the witness.

They were funny because they would only give me their paraphrased explanations of the points they were making without opening a Bible nor quoting scripture to support what they said but I knew what they referred to and I quoted the Bible verses But gave the complete context of it and left them stunned and the man who was with his wife, said
"You sure know your Bible".

I got to add the gospel in the conversation and told them the only requirement for salvation because he said "we" have to work for it
I quoted Ephesians 2:8-9 that "we are saved by Grace not by works lest we boast".

I told him many are blind to the truth because the devil blinds the minds of those who won't accept the truth about Jesus.

I kid you not, the man began to stutter with his words in response to my witnessing to them
It was awesome!

To top it off, I had to witness in Spanish because the couple were speaking in Spanish.

Hey The Holy Spirit helped me with the words because I don't typically practice Spanish regularly.

They offered me literature and I said I don't accept anything written by sinful humans who have their own interpretation of the Bible.
I stick to the Bible alone because God's Word is Truth and not flawed like what humans write in literature.

They excused themselves and said "have a nice day ".

I got to share the gospel with JW's and I planted seeds, and I hope it sticks in their minds and goes to their hearts, and they will be drawn to the Truth about Jesus and His gospel of salvation and receive God's free gift.
That is such a great story. I pray what you said will change their hearts. My oldest sister is a JW and they are trained to believe that what we true Christians say is from the Devil. So normally they just ignore anything we say and continue with their nonsense. I have shared many, many times with my sister who does not respond to what I tell her, but just wants to lead me to the Watchtower, Awake or a specific Bible verse out of context.

They are for sure a hard nut to crack. However, it sounds like with the help of the Holy Spirit you may have penetrated through their defenses. Also, they think we Christians know nothing about the Bible and just follow blinding whatever a Pastor says. The weird thing about that is that is just what the do, only it is not a Pastor but an organization they follow. Glad you knew your Bible when confronted by them!!! 👍

God Bless!

Praying what you shared with them will be used by the Holy Spirit to cause them to wake up to the Truth and result in them leaving the JW organization and entering into salvation by faith alone in Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for us at Calvary alone. Lord, may what Rose did bear good fruit for Your Kingdom. :pray: :pray:

You know, I was one of them for 11 years. I have sympathy for them because they are lost, misinformed, deceived, and need The Lord's grace like all of us who have once been lost without Jesus.

They truly believe what their "Organization" tells them. They follow the teachings of a group of men, rather than scripture. To fit their beliefs the Organization had to write their own Bible which isn't a translation as they claim, but a version of the Bible that has had scripture chopped up to support the teachings of their Organization.

I witness to them in the same Love of Christ and see them as "lost sheep without a Shepherd . Psalm 23 tells us The Lord is our Shepherd.

The JW's need Jesus and I gladly and boldly witness truth without bashing them because they are blind and only The Truth can open their hearts and eyes to The Way The Truth and The Life Who is our Lord and Savior Jesus.

You know, I was one of them for 11 years. I have sympathy for them because they are lost, misinformed, deceived, and need The Lord's grace like all of us who have once been lost without Jesus.

They truly believe what their "Organization" tells them. They follow the teachings of a group of men, rather than scripture. To fit their beliefs the Organization had to write their own Bible which isn't a translation as they claim, but a version of the Bible that has had scripture chopped up to support the teachings of their Organization.

I witness to them in the same Love of Christ and see them as "lost sheep without a Shepherd . Psalm 23 tells us The Lord is our Shepherd.

The JW's need Jesus and I gladly and boldly witness truth without bashing them because they are blind and only The Truth can open their hearts and eyes to The Way The Truth and The Life Who is our Lord and Savior Jesus.

As I have stated earlier, my older sister and her whole family are JW's and she is constantly trying to get me to be one. Whatever I share with her straight from the Bible just bounces right off her as if I did not say anything. Do you have any tips or suggestions as to how I might get through to her? If it is not too private, maybe you can tell me how you got out of it? 🤔

As I have stated earlier, my older sister and her whole family are JW's and she is constantly trying to get me to be one. Whatever I share with her straight from the Bible just bounces right off her as if I did not say anything. Do you have any tips or suggestions as to how I might get through to her? If it is not too private, maybe you can tell me how you got out of it? 🤔
I just share the gospel. I don't spend much time with trying to prove the wrongs in their religion. If they ask about it by all means tell them why they're wrong. Otherwise focus on telling them The Right in God's Word.

From personal experience I know I have tended to be a little harder on my family than the average unbeliever. I suppose it's being anxious for my own loved ones to just accept Jesus because I know what happens to the lost and I love my family and want to see them in heaven.

Just use Jesus example of compassion for them and share the Love of Jesus with truth.

Share your personal testimony because it's an effective witness.
Share God's Faithfulness and trustworthiness in His record of His Word.

We can get too focused on what they believe being wrong, most of us were wrong at some time.
But it's the Good news of the gospel that is planted in one's heart that moves a person to change, the renewal of the mind.
And this takes time.
Planting seeds and taking root is immediate. After the planting then pray that you can continue to help the person to be drawn to Jesus towards repentance and they will confess Jesus is Lord and be saved.

"that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved"
Romans 10:9

We are told in scripture that faith comes from hearing. Hearing The Word of God. Romans 10:17

Just share God's Word that is Truth and plant the seeds and it is God Who makes them grow. You do your part of planting the seeds of the gospel and let God do the rest and you will receive your reward and hear the words from Jesus " well done good and faithful servant".

"I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase. 8 Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor."
1 Corinthians 3:6-8

Remember Jesus said

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.
John 10:27-28

I just share the gospel. I don't spend much time with trying to prove the wrongs in their religion. If they ask about it by all means tell them why they're wrong. Otherwise focus on telling them The Right in God's Word.

From personal experience I know I have tended to be a little harder on my family than the average unbeliever. I suppose it's being anxious for my own loved ones to just accept Jesus because I know what happens to the lost and I love my family and want to see them in heaven.

Just use Jesus example of compassion for them and share the Love of Jesus with truth.

Share your personal testimony because it's an effective witness.
Share God's Faithfulness and trustworthiness in His record of His Word.

We can get too focused on what they believe being wrong, most of us were wrong at some time.
But it's the Good news of the gospel that is planted in one's heart that moves a person to change, the renewal of the mind.
And this takes time.
Planting seeds and taking root is immediate. After the planting then pray that you can continue to help the person to be drawn to Jesus towards repentance and they will confess Jesus is Lord and be saved.

"that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved"
Romans 10:9

We are told in scripture that faith comes from hearing. Hearing The Word of God. Romans 10:17

Just share God's Word that is Truth and plant the seeds and it is God Who waters them. You do your part of planting the seeds of the gospel and let God do the rest and you will receive your reward and hear the words from Jesus " well done good and faithful servant".

"I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase. 8 Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor."
1 Corinthians 3:6-8

Remember Jesus said

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.
John 10:27-28
I just prayed over and sent this out to my family half of which are JW's in an E-Mail message.

"It is just so simple, why do we make it hard?
Emoji

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Thanks for the advice 1LoverofGod! :love:

I just prayed over and sent this out to my family half of which are JW's in an E-Mail message.

Emoji

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Thanks for the advice 1LoverofGod!
:love:
I'm just saying what the scriptures say brother.
The Word of God is our best source of advice
But always a pleasure to point to God's Word in answer to a question about God's Word 🥰

Emoji

Thanks for the advice 1LoverofGod!
:love:
Remember
Once you have shared the gospel and planted the seeds, if they reject it.....

"Therefore he who rejects this does not reject man, but God, who has also given us His Holy Spirit"
1 Thessalonians 4:8

Back