What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharing the Gospel by the Power of the Holy Spirit

Everlasting Life

By grace, through faith in Jesus
I've come across some great tools for witnessing which have been very helpful. I've seen certain platforms and intentionally cultivated environments greatly lend to connecting people to God's Word, faith and growth in Christ.

And then there's some tools that to me feel like when King Saul gave his armor clothing to David and it just seemed to encumber David for the battle at hand.

It seemed that God had me put those tools aside and just speak as the Lord led by His Spirit.

As I'm thinking on this, I thought it would be interesting to ask this question:

How have you all experienced the Holy Spirit prompt and guide in sharing God's Word and the Gospel vs. a formula or tool?

I've come across some great tools for witnessing which have been very helpful. I've seen certain platforms and intentionally cultivated environments greatly lend to connecting people to God's Word, faith and growth in Christ.

And then there's some tools that to me feel like when King Saul gave his armor clothing to David and it just seemed to encumber David for the battle at hand.

It seemed that God had me put those tools aside and just speak as the Lord led by His Spirit.

As I'm thinking on this, I thought it would be interesting to ask this question:

How have you all experienced the Holy Spirit prompt and guide in sharing God's Word and the Gospel vs. a formula or tool?
It took me time to recognize it but I found that so often I am sharing the gospel or comforting a brother or sister in Christ and as I am speaking out of no where it seems scripture verses come to me that relate to the conversation and they come so quickly I know it's not merely memory.

I mean scripture verses come to me one after another in the same conversation and I don't consider myself to be all that biblically educated.

As words and scripture comes out of me it flows so smoothly and consistent it must be The Holy Spirit.

I will walk away from that conversation and think about it and say to myself where did that come from?

It took me time to recognize it was The Holy Spirit at work.

I believe Jesus Words as it refers to being on trial for sharing the gospel, but I believe it can apply to sharing the gospel as well....

"..do not worry beforehand about what to say. Just say whatever is given you at the time, for it is not you speaking, but the Holy Spirit."
Mark 13:11

Good question EL🥰😇

Back