What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help for my Mom

Andiamo

Hanging on to the Throne
It’s Thanksgiving and my (pre-saved) Mom asked at the table today “out of all the people in the world, why does everyone hate the Jews so much?” I started to answer that the root is satanic and from Day 1, but as usual people talked over me before I could even finish my sentence.

To be honest I don’t even think my Mom would seriously consider my answer. That is why I’m looking for a video or article to send her, done by someone she may actually respect as a knowledgeable person and not her daughter.

The problem is that it needs to be short, concise, simple and more geared to unbelievers…not getting into prophecy so much, but that just simply explains the spiritual battle going on and emphasizes the reason (which bottom line, is not only that they are God’s chosen people,
but —->JESUS.)
Mom’s attention span is not good at all. And I don’t want to load her down with too many concepts.

I see Skip Heitzig did a video recently and it looks great but it’s an hour long and references too many Bible passages. I could send her just the pertinent paragraphs of a print article. But I’m having trouble finding something and hoping someone here has run across something. Thanks.

Andi, while I usually stay away from Got Question's, they actually have a good --and relatively short-- written answer to the question why does the world hate Jews so much. You can find it here: What is the cause of all the anti-Semitism in the world? | GotQuestions.org. You might just want the very last two paragraphs, beginning with the Words "This brings us to the real reason why the world hates the Jews."

But Christian recording artist Paul Wilbur of Paul Wilbur Ministries also has this to offer:

"First, there exists in the world, as has always been the case, real evil.

"There is a real Satan with a real kingdom who hates the things and people of God. He will stop at nothing to thwart the plans and purposes of God at any cost; the Jewish people happen to be one of the costs he is willing to pay.

"Secondly, these are the Days of Elijah, and more of our Jewish friends and families are turning to Yeshua now than ever before. Messianic synagogues and congregations are springing up all over the world, and especially in Israel. Again, we have an adversary who sees this, hates the Jews, and is willing to do anything to keep them away from Messiah.

"And last, but not least…the King is coming. The signs are everywhere you turn. Compare Matthew 24 with today’s world news, and you will see what I am talking about."

I pray this helps.

Andi, while I usually stay away from Got Question's, they actually have a good --and relatively short-- written answer to the question why does the world hate Jews so much. You can find it here: What is the cause of all the anti-Semitism in the world? | GotQuestions.org. You might just want the very last two paragraphs, beginning with the Words "This brings us to the real reason why the world hates the Jews."

But Christian recording artist Paul Wilbur of Paul Wilbur Ministries also has this to offer:

"First, there exists in the world, as has always been the case, real evil.

"There is a real Satan with a real kingdom who hates the things and people of God. He will stop at nothing to thwart the plans and purposes of God at any cost; the Jewish people happen to be one of the costs he is willing to pay.

"Secondly, these are the Days of Elijah, and more of our Jewish friends and families are turning to Yeshua now than ever before. Messianic synagogues and congregations are springing up all over the world, and especially in Israel. Again, we have an adversary who sees this, hates the Jews, and is willing to do anything to keep them away from Messiah.

"And last, but not least…the King is coming. The signs are everywhere you turn. Compare Matthew 24 with today’s world news, and you will see what I am talking about."

I pray this helps.
It does! Thanks so much.
I want to send her the entire Got Questions article, because a few of those theories were discussed at the table. I think it will grab her attention. And I like how it debunks all of the reasons before introducing the Biblical answer.
Do you think I should just copy/paste the article, keeping the link away from her (I know they lean Calvinist) or should I send her the link, bringing her to the site where she may possibly ask the search engine more questions? ( I firmly believe that God can use anything, anyone, anywhere, to lead a person to Himself.)
Thanks Again.

It does! Thanks so much.
I want to send her the entire Got Questions article, because a few of those theories were discussed at the table. I think it will grab her attention. And I like how it debunks all of the reasons before introducing the Biblical answer.
Do you think I should just copy/paste the article, keeping the link away from her (I know they lean Calvinist) or should I send her the link, bringing her to the site where she may possibly ask the search engine more questions? ( I firmly believe that God can use anything, anyone, anywhere, to lead a person to Himself.)
Thanks Again.
Since it will be a private communication between you and your mom, I think copying it and sending it to her in its entirety (telling her that you found this online) would be acceptable.

Btw, I wouldn't discount the points made by Paul Wilbur either. He is right on point.

Since it will be a private communication between you and your mom, I think copying it and sending it to her in its entirety (telling her that you found this online) would be acceptable.

Btw, I wouldn't discount the points made by Paul Wilbur either. He is right on point.
I will send her both. I like how Paul W says "The King is coming." Reiterates what I have said to her quite a few times. Thanks again! :hug:

I just sent her both in a text message. Whoever reads this please say a prayer for my Mom. She has always been horrified at the holocaust, is for Israel in this current war, and feels badly for them. I’m praying that her sympathy for the Jews will be the thing that gives her a longing to be closer to God, and to know what the Truth really is.

Yes, praying for your mom's salvation, sis. Just as we pray for the salvation of our children and grandchildren who have not yet accepted Christ as their Savior.

Back