What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It Is Not Good For Man To Be Alone

Goodboy

Just waiting for the Rapture at this point!
It Is Not Good For Man To Be Alone

I know most if not all Christians have read this statement in the Bible before, but if you have not here it is.
Genesis 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

Have you ever really thought about that statement? Look what God says in the next verse.
Genesis 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

So while God created all kinds of animals for Adam, he still felt that Adam would be alone without one of his kind. Look what Adam says in Genesis 2:23.
Genesis 2:23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

So what is my point? The Bible makes it clear that we should love one another. God has created us to both give and receive love from other humans. If we don’t do that, it is basically like being alone. Have you ever been in a crowd of people by yourself and felt alone? I have and here is one example!

I was on vacation in Bermuda visiting my cousin who lives there. One morning I got up while my cousin was still asleep and wanted to do something. Well as I did not want to wake him, I figured I would just ride a moped I rented and go to the beach. When I arrived at the beach I noticed how beautiful it was and saw all the people having fun with each other. This made me notice that I was there alone and began to feel sad. So I got back on the moped and waited for my cousin to wake up and then we together went back to the same beach and had a great time!

I am not saying that everyone feels sad when temporarily alone in a situation like I was in, just showing the difference that a friend or someone you love can make. So again I say God created us to crave and give love to other humans. What about animals? God makes the point that we will still be alone if we have no humans to give and receive love from. Kind of how Tarzan needed Jane. :)

If you understand all of what I have said so far here is a problem I believe some people have today. It is mostly centered around dogs, but could be any pet. They try and make their pet a substitute for loving and receiving love from people. No matter what one does like sleeping in bed with their pet, it is still no substitute for loving and receiving love from people. Actually your pet can then become an enabler allowing you to give and receive just enough love so that you don’t feel you need to do that with people. However, you will only be fooling yourself.

First of all as God commands us to love people, if you don’t you are disobeying God. Secondly, while you may receive some happiness it will not begin to compare to what loving and receiving love from people does for you.

Just to be very clear, if you are loving and receiving love from people, this writing is not meant for you. There is absolutely nothing wrong with adding love for other animals which I am sure Adam and Eve did. This is for those who have substituted loving and receiving love from people with their love for their pet.

If you have ever truly been in love, it is way better than any drug out there. I know it is hard and we can and will be hurt at times, but are you loving people?

Goodboy :)

I have witnessed this. It's too easy to fill your love tank with a helpless pet so I don't consider it a healthy love.

I think dogs are best off when adopted by a family. They get a little kooky if they are the object of a single human, unless they're a service animal.
I agree, its much better to be around friends, spouse, work…etc…..But my dog Buddy takes exception, and he a strong part of our family.

You can love people and deeply love your pet. I wouldn't want to put a negative spin on people's relationships with their pets as those relationships seem to do a lot of good.

Full disclosure: I don't have any pets and currently have no plans to get a dog, which is the only pet I'd have if I wanted a pet.

If you didn't put a negative spin on having a pet, then I didn't say you did. This is what I said: I wouldn't want to put a negative spin on people's relationships with their pets as those relationships seem to do a lot of good.
If what you said was not meant toward what I posted, then that's fine. 👍
To me it seemed that you were implying that you were referring to what I posted with that comment. :noidea:
Since you say that is not what you meant, then I apologize. 😊

I really think that God allowed man to domesticate dogs and cats because he knew that in this time in history, so many people would be very lonely.
My widowed mom had a dog and was very bonded to it. Because she doesn’t have the Lord filling her void she had poor boundaries. Example: the dog ran across a four lane highway, and she ran right into traffic, not thinking, as if the dog were her child.
When the dog was about to pass she made comments like “I’m not sure what I’m going to do.” I made it clear that she was going to grieve but then continue and move on in her life and not make this loss equal to a human loss.
That said, it broke me to pieces when I lost both of my kitties. But I moved on.

Back