What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do We Really Need God?

Goodboy

Just waiting for the Rapture at this point!
Do We Really Need God?

Let me first explain something I think we all know but may have never really thought about.

You will tend to obey who it is you need. As example, as a child living at home you tend to obey your parents. You may consider what others say, but only choose to do what you agree with. You know that if you do not obey your parents you may not have food or place to live. Once you move out you now may not obey your parents at all.

The same is true for your job. You will obey your boss because you need your job. If you win the lottery even if you continue to work, you may no longer obey your boss. Why, because you no longer need him. So who you obey has a lot to do with who you need. This could also be your spouse.

So who did Adam and Eve need? God! So who should they obey? God! By telling Eve she would be like gods, Satan was really saying you don’t need God. So if you don’t need God, then you also don’t need to obey him. So actually Satan’s lie was you don’t need God, followed by so go ahead and eat the forbidden fruit.

If you agree with what I have stated so far, then let’s go to where Satan tempted Jesus in the passage below.

Matthew 4:3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
Luke 4:3 And the devil said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread.

Jesus knew he was supposed to live as a man and not utilize his Godly powers for himself less he could not be man’s redeemer which was his purpose. If he did change stone to bread for his own sake he would be disobeying God. So Satan was really saying to Jesus you don’t need to obey God. Or shortened one could just say, you don’t need God! So how did Jesus respond?

Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Luke 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Basically Jesus says I do need both bread and God! Again we can just shorten that to I NEED GOD and will obey him!

So then what is THE TRUTH? WE NEED GOD which leads us to obey him.
So then what is THE LIE? WE DON’T NEED GOD and so we don’t need to obey him as we can do for ourselves.

Goodboy 🙂

Back