What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Word curses - is this biblical?

Amethyst

ā€  He hath shed his own blood for my soul
Hey yall, I have never studied on this subject before.

Is this a biblical line of thought? šŸ¤”

We can suffer from unintended curses

Godā€™s Word results in a harvest of ā€œgood fruitā€ if we hold on fast to it in our hearts. In the same way, we can turn the words we hear from people we trust into curses that bear ā€œbad fruitā€.

For example, a man who trusts a doctor that says he will never recover from his medical condition is unlikely to be able to receive Godā€™s miraculous healing, no matter how many times he prays. The doctorā€™s words (based on a human beingā€™s limited knowledge and not on God) has become an unintended curse. The man must take down such a stronghold through repentance and renunciation, before his relationship with God can be restored.

Luke 8:15 ESV As for that in the good soil, they are those who, hearing the word, hold it fast in an honest and good heart, and bear fruit with patience.

Psalm 146:3 NLT Donā€™t put your confidence in powerful people; there is no help for you there.

Hey yall, I have never studied on this subject before.

Is this a biblical line of thought? šŸ¤”

I have never studied on what you posted either, but I will give you my thoughts.
I don't know if what I am going to say applies to sickness, but it does apply to what you can accomplish and could possibly apply to sickness in a way.

If you really think you can't do something, then you actually can't because you will never try. This is why you should never say what you can't do unless it is something that is impossible, like hold your breath for 2 hours. In the same way, someone telling you what you can't do can possibly persuade you to think you can't do it and then you will never try like I said before. This is why it is important to tell your kids that they can do most anything if they put their mind and body to it.

So with sickness, not believing you can get better could possibly come into play, as maybe you won't even try to get well. šŸ¤”

That's all I got. Maybe someone else has a better response.
šŸ˜€

The answer to the original question is a resounding NO! Not unless God can be cursed. And, of course, He cannot be, since He is Lord of everything. We are IN Christ...and thus secure from every power of the enemy. He can try to attack us to trouble us, and God may permit such an attack in order to profit us or grow us in some way. But Old Splitfoot and all his foul powers cannot curse us. The idea that he can is just another of his lies.

I can't believe I am going to recommend Got Questions twice in the same day, but here goes: their answer is superb.

The answer to the original question is a resounding NO! Not unless God can be cursed. And, of course, He cannot be, since He is Lord of everything. We are IN Christ...and thus secure from every power of the enemy. He can try to attack us to trouble us, and God may permit such an attack in order to profit us or grow us in some way. But Old Splitfoot and all his foul powers cannot curse us. The idea that he can is just another of his lies.

I can't believe I am going to recommend Got Questions twice in the same day, but here goes: their answer is superb.

It sounded really off to me. Thank you.

It sounded really off to me. Thank you.
Chiming in, I agree with Adrian. I've bumped into this back in the olden days pre 1998 when I was in that dreadful church (the li'l shop of heresies, sung to the little shop of horrors music).

It's a really bad heretical doctrine that goes against scripture. People who believe that don't understand or grasp God's almighty power. It goes along with the Word Faith garbage-- and that is kind of like magical thinking. They teach that Christians speak things into existence because they are "little gods" as Kenneth Copeland teaches (he and the late Kenneth Hagin are the sources for a lot of this stuff). So they teach you have what you say, whether you "declare or decree" good things or curses.

It's all part of the Word Faith heresy. That diminishes God and enlarges man's abilities. God becomes a goodies vending machine, press the right button, say the magic words and bingo you are a WINNER!

It's been spreading a lot, so the person(s) you heard that from may not even be aware of Word Faith or that they are spreading that garbage.

It goes along with the new age teaching of manifesting what you want and avoiding accidently manifesting what you'd rather not have. LOL the new agers say "manifesting" and sometimes the Word Faith people get confused and say Manifesting but it's all of a muchness. The current wave of that madness comes from Oprah via "the Secret" -- Oprah's the one stop shop for all new age and gnostic heresy garbage.

Gnostic heresy at the core. Nothing new under the sun. Just getting recycled for another generation.

Your discernment is operating 100% :lol:

It's been spreading a lot, so the person(s) you heard that from may not even be aware of Word Faith or that they are spreading that garbage.
It was from a website called teachinghumblehearts, I wont link it. It was from an article about healing emotional wounds. I didnt look around the site but just a couple articles actually seemed really good, and then I ran across that portion and I thought, a guy might not feel healed because i doctor told him he was terminal, and HE's the one that has to repent and renunciate? :confused:
I think it kind of suckered me by backing stuff up with the OT examples...but it wasnt sitting right.
Also I know some Christians have said for people who were into the occult, they need to rid their house of all former paraphernalia so as not to continue being oppressed. I think these are two different things, though.

I know some Christians have said for people who were into the occult, they need to rid their house of all former paraphernalia so as not to continue being oppressed.
This is correct. And it is scriptural. Acts 19:19 records-- "And many of those who practiced magic brought their books together and began burning them in the sight of everyone; and they added up the prices of the books and found it to be fifty thousand pieces of silver", which may be based upon Deuteronomy 7:25-26-- "The graven images of their gods shall ye burn with fire: thou shalt not desire the silver or gold that is on them, nor take it unto thee, lest thou be snared therein: for it is an abomination to the LORD thy God."

It was from a website called teachinghumblehearts, I wont link it. It was from an article about healing emotional wounds. I didnt look around the site but just a couple articles actually seemed really good, and then I ran across that portion and I thought, a guy might not feel healed because i doctor told him he was terminal, and HE's the one that has to repent and renunciate? :confused:
I think it kind of suckered me by backing stuff up with the OT examples...but it wasnt sitting right.
Also I know some Christians have said for people who were into the occult, they need to rid their house of all former paraphernalia so as not to continue being oppressed. I think these are two different things, though.
It wouldn't surprise me if they probably had ancestral curses a well based on what your saying

Back