What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Is Truth?

Goodboy

Just waiting for the Rapture at this point!
What Is Truth?

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

The Bible says that Jesus is the truth, but what does that mean? Well any actual truth must be eternal. Meaning it does not change over time. Well Jesus is just that meaning eternal, for God does not change who he is over time as per the verses below.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Revelation 4:8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

So truth spoken of in the Bible never changes over time. Here are some scripture verses that show that God’s word is truth.

Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
Luke 21:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Below are some verses that tell us not to add or take away from God’s word.

Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.
Deuteronomy 12:32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.
Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
Proverbs 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Revelation 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

So hopefully you know what truth is and that the Bible is the only truth. Why is it the only truth? Because anything else we think is truth will change over time. Even non-believing scientists understand that things will continue to change over time.

A good example of my point is let’s just assume as a truth that today a Corvette is currently the fastest production car on the market. Assuming that is true, today we would accept that as a fact or truth. However it would only be a temporary truth, as surely a faster car will be produced in the future.

Don’t like that example? Well could we have convinced our parents in their generation that we would have self-driving cars? Remember in their generation they did not even have computers. So their truth would be no, thinking how could you create a self-driving car? Today the answer is yes as we do have self-driving cars. You see how time changes truth for us who do not know the future? God knows and expresses truth as he knows the future. So God is able to state eternal statements.

Well if you agree with me so far that God knows truth and has included it in the Bible and man does not know truth, we can go on.

Here is a big problem I see from Pastors, Christian authors, Prophecy teachers and others. Most don’t stick to only what is in the Bible as truth. Yeah, they start with what is in the Bible but then add their own belief regarding current events as truth. I am not speaking of those who only give their opinion regarding current events, but those who state it as facts and truth.

Here are some different crazy examples of what some Christian Pastors and other Christians claim.
If you vote for Trump, you are sinning.
If you vote for Biden, you are sinning.
If you vote at all you are sinning.
If you don’t vote at all you are sinning.
If you take the Covid vaccine you are sinning (and stupid)
If you believe there were planes during 911 you are deceived (and stupid)
If you don’t believe the conspiracy theories that I tell you, you are deceived. (and stupid)
The next sign we see coming up will show us that the Rapture will be on that date.

Sounds like I am making this up, but I am not. Those who claim these things as truth, believe it. Why? Because they have mixed Bible truth with current events that they happen to believe, so that the combination is no longer truth. I cannot say this loud enough. THE BIBLE IS THE ONLY TRUTH. Why? Because the truth in it does not change over time.

Goodboy 😊

Back