What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Things I Never Thought I Would See :: By Jan Markell

Andy C

Well-known
Good read from sister Jan

I’m at it again—mulling over the insanity of our day, even though such absurdities were predicted for the last days. I say a dozen times a day, “I never thought I would see the day.” Be honest. You do, too!

Here’s my current list:

I never thought I would see the day:

When churches would see our mind-numbing headlines and stories and suggest that there are perhaps a hundred or a thousand years before Jesus returns! They say we’ve always had perilous times. Nothing is new.

The World Economic Forum would meet the week it was minus 40 degrees in my hometown and obsess over global warming and electric vehicles, since they don’t function well right now in Minneapolis. And all of us are cheering for global warming.

When the champion of the hurting around the world, the Red Cross, would deny care and medication to Israeli hostages and instead scold the hostages for Gaza’s destruction.

When the International Court of Justice would declare Israel guilty of genocide when it was Israel who experienced a genocidal attack. Imagine, portions of the free world siding with barbarians rather than a democratic ally. Did someone say “upside down world?”

All of the leaders of sanctuary cities and states would be screaming bloody murder to keep illegals out of their sanctuary cities and states.

When a U.S. Secretary of State would tell another country—Israel—they cannot win a war. They cannot defeat terrorists who perpetrated genocide on them.

Below is the last item on her list - which is really sad about church split, but happy we are here for such a time in this probable last season.

That the subject of Israel—who is the primary subject of the Bible—would be the issue causing enormous church splits since October 7. Denominations don’t want to acknowledge that Jews wrote our Bible or play a prominent role today. I guess theology matters to some, and their theology erases the nation of Israel!

I could go on for endless pages with further examples, sadly. The Bible is blunt that the last days would be perilous and filled with unruly and selfish people. It says society would be “given over” (Romans 1). We just didn’t think it would be this bad.

But God placed you and me in it for such a time as this! We are here on assignment and not by accident. We can be the salt and light needed for our times! The followers of Jesus Christ are to shine no matter what the circumstances and no matter how bad it gets.

Hang on a little longer. And it is the darkest before the dawn—the dawn being the glorious Rapture of the church when we leave this wicked planet behind! Only in Eternity will we cease being shocked by the world and by an upside-down society. Only then will everything make sense. Finally, I will be able to stop saying, “I never thought I would see the day.”

Why would she be surprised at this , especially with the items on the list she mentioned ?

"I never thought I would see the day:

When at the most significant time in history, believers would talk about “rapture fatigue” and “end-time burn-out” because they were tired of watching and waiting for Christ’s return. It’s just taking too long."

Why would she be surprised at this , especially with the items on the list she mentioned ?

"I never thought I would see the day:

When at the most significant time in history, believers would talk about “rapture fatigue” and “end-time burn-out” because they were tired of watching and waiting for Christ’s return. It’s just taking too long."
:cry:

:headbang:

:pray: :pray: :amen: :amen: :thankyou: :thankyou:

I never thought I would see the day that . . .

(ELCA) Lutheran churches would host islamic functions, relief/social organizations, and CAIR in their churches, and get mixed up with islam and chrislam :eek: :apost: :ban:
Not just one parish, either :mad: Several that I've seen around the Twin Cities :mad:

Ditto pride flags and banners outside ELCA churches :puke:

:cry:

:headbang:

:pray: :pray: :amen: :amen: :thankyou: :thankyou:

I never thought I'd see the day
butter priced at $13.98 a pound ($6.99 1/2 pound block) :yikes:

granted, it was organic, grass-fed, but, still, that's the way butter used to be anyway with cows grazing on plain ole grass with nothing put on it, and no hormones (rBST), no grain finishing, etc. Butter used to be $0.25 a pound :tap:

food price have become outrageous :mad:

Everything is going so fast it's hard to keep up with what's happening everywhere. It's like watching a movie on fast forward.
It seems like the entire world is in disarray and chaos.
Just as prophecy foretold, Israel is in the spotlight all over the world. So hard to fathom how such a tiny nation could be such a "heavy stone " for all of the Nations.
Like the world is in a drunken state of mind over the hatred for Israel. It's like reading it right out of scripture......

2 “Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of drunkenness to all the surrounding peoples, when they lay siege against Judah and Jerusalem. 3 And it shall happen in that day that I will make Jerusalem a very heavy stone for all peoples; all who would heave it away will surely be cut in pieces, though all nations of the earth are gathered against it."
Zechariah 12:2-3

All I keep thinking is the Rapture is so near and my mind keeps thinking, "Come Lord Jesus".

I never thought I'd see all of this and I can't help but wonder, how much more Lord? How much longer? 🙏

Everything is going so fast it's hard to keep up with what's happening everywhere. It's like watching a movie on fast forward.
Every day! When I take a break from the news for a day or two off, it's hard to catch up. It's not what happened, it's how many places at once that things are happening. I skim the headlines in Russia, try my best to keep up with the Middle East, then China does something or Taiwan has a quake or NKorea makes it's way into the headlines.

I scan my feed for Amir first because his breaking news covers the important stuff out of the ME, but then it's on to the other hot spots. I know from stuff that is coming out of Russia, that there is important economic stuff happening there, that will affect things soon, but my head spins just trying to watch it all.

I have file folders in my head: Gog Magog, Damascus destruction, OWG stuff, WEF stuff, WHO stuff. Bottom line, there's a LOT OF STUFF!

I think people shouldn't worship the Israeli government and it's kingdom the way they do.It clouds the mind and darkens the eyes.It keeps people from seeing reality.
I agree, people shouldn't worship the Israeli government. But I don't think we do that here.
We know perfectly well, that they are mortal and sinful people. (Like we all are)
That's why we have to pray for those in high places. (1 Tim 2:2).
But God never chose Israel because they were great or sinless or anything. (Deut. 7:7-9)
But they are the apple of His eye, and God told Abraham that: "I will bless‭‭ them that bless‭‭ thee, and curse‭‭ him that curseth‭‭ thee: and in thee shall all families‭ of the earth‭ be blessed‭‭.‭"

It's not like the people in Israel have followed the Messiah into the promised land.They followed something very different than Christ.
This, I don't rightly understand. Whom then did they follow?
In the Old Testament, they followed Joshua.

In our day and age, they followed Gods Own call home.
Manytimes the Bible tells us that God Himself will gather them again to bring them back.
Ez. 37 talks very eloquent about this. And also Jer. 23:7-8, Jer. 31:35-37, and Amos 9:14-15:
And I will bring again‭‭ the captivity‭ of my people‭ of Israel‭, and they shall build‭‭ the waste‭‭ cities‭, and inhabit‭‭ ‭them‭; and they shall plant‭‭ vineyards‭, and drink‭‭ the wine‭ thereof; they shall also make‭‭ gardens‭, and eat‭‭ the fruit‭ of them.‭ ‭And I will plant‭‭ them upon their land‭, and they shall no more be pulled up‭‭ out of their land‭ which I have given‭‭ them, saith‭‭ the LORD‭ thy God‭.

They rejected Jesus the first time and paid a very high price which will get even higher during the seventieth week. But in God's mercy it has worked out for the benefit of us all according to Romans 11. That chapter is straightforward, but a quick search stunned me with how many people get it completely wrong -- almost like there's a whole other set of blinders at work. Pride is a very dangerous and insidious thing.

Back