What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perfect Setup :: By Daymond Duck

Andy C

Well-known
On Apr. 8, 2024, Bible prophecy expert Hal Lindsey wrote,

• These (nations arming as never before, Russia attacking Ukraine, China threatening Taiwan, etc.) and a host of other things going on today make a perfect setup for events that the Bible says will take place during seven years of tribulation. I believe those years are very close. But they are not imminent. The global conflagrations described in Revelation will not take place until after the Rapture — that is, until after God has evacuated His people from the planet.
I can only speculate on what Hal Lindsey’s list of “other things” would include, but here is a short list of things that I see:

• Israel has come back into being, Jerusalem has been rebuilt, radical Muslims are trying to destroy Israel, the whole world is turning against Israel, Israel has unblemished red heifers, religious Jews want to rebuild the Temple, world leaders are demanding a covenant of peace, etc.
  • Europe (the Revived Roman Empire) has reunited, leaders are talking about creating and financing an EU military, etc.
  • The New World Order (world government by 2030 or sooner) is rising, a global economic collapse appears to be looming, the price of gold and silver is soaring, the technology to track all buying and selling is almost ready, etc.
  • Russia, Iran, Turkey, and others have troops in Syria; Russian troops and Iranian proxies in Syria are moving closer to Israel’s border; Russia is building military sites on Syria’s border with Israel; Iran is threatening to attack Israel, etc.
  • Deceit, immorality, false teachings, Satan worship, drug abuse, and murder are rampant.
  • Knowledge (artificial intelligence, quantum computers, etc.) is increasing faster than society can adapt.

• These (nations arming as never before, Russia attacking Ukraine, China threatening Taiwan, etc.) and a host of other things going on today make a perfect setup for events that the Bible says will take place during seven years of tribulation. I believe those years are very close. But they are not imminent. The global conflagrations described in Revelation will not take place until after the Rapture — that is, until after God has evacuated His people from the planet.
I can only speculate on what Hal Lindsey’s list of “other things” would include, but here is a short list of things that I see:

• Israel has come back into being, Jerusalem has been rebuilt, radical Muslims are trying to destroy Israel, the whole world is turning against Israel, Israel has unblemished red heifers, religious Jews want to rebuild the Temple, world leaders are demanding a covenant of peace, etc.
  • Europe (the Revived Roman Empire) has reunited, leaders are talking about creating and financing an EU military, etc.
  • The New World Order (world government by 2030 or sooner) is rising, a global economic collapse appears to be looming, the price of gold and silver is soaring, the technology to track all buying and selling is almost ready, etc.
  • Russia, Iran, Turkey, and others have troops in Syria; Russian troops and Iranian proxies in Syria are moving closer to Israel’s border; Russia is building military sites on Syria’s border with Israel; Iran is threatening to attack Israel, etc.
  • Deceit, immorality, false teachings, Satan worship, drug abuse, and murder are rampant.
  • Knowledge (artificial intelligence, quantum computers, etc.) is increasing faster than society can adapt.

Good points Andy! I wonder why Hal said the Tribulation is not imminent? Maybe he is stating it will only become imminent after the Rapture. That is true.

Like Paul, I am so looking forward to heaven. But, although I really, really want to be there and begin to enjoy eternal life in the presence of our God and Savior, without any sin, sickness, sadness, Satan, or separation, at the same time it is more necessary that we remain here to do the work that God has given us to do-- sharing the good news of the gospel with all whom we can. Those whose work is finished, God will take...even now. But if He is leaving us here, it is because we still have work to do. Very important work to do. Let us be found doing it when He calls us home.

The temple rebuild will absolutely set off Islam into a frenzy and rage. I've always wondered if that frenzy/rage is what triggers the Ezekiel war games and their massive destruction.
It wouldn’t “Islam off” if the two previous was built over the Gihon Spring in the city of David (not Jerusalem, but the fortified city that David took from the Jebusites, the city that is outside of the wall ofJerusalem. David wound accent steps inside the tunnel that Hekiziah excavated for the spring to flow in abundants.

It wouldn’t “Islam off” if the two previous was built over the Gihon Spring in the city of David (not Jerusalem, but the fortified city that David took from the Jebusites, the city that is outside of the wall ofJerusalem. David wound accent steps inside the tunnel that Hekiziah excavated for the spring to flow in abundants.
I have decided to walk-back my stand on this and at this time not be so adamant until I learn more. My researching has takened a hit because of my advanced years. 😄

Good points Andy! I wonder why Hal said the Tribulation is not imminent? Maybe he is stating it will only become imminent after the Rapture. That is true.

Daniel lists a few things that will occur before Tribulation so it won't be imminent until those things happen. This thread deals with that subject:

Back