What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hold Fast! by Dr. Mike Murphy

Almost Heaven

Well-known
Many of you will remember Mike Murphy...this is one of my favorites!

Hold Fast!

Dr. Mike Murphy

As they watched the fire surrounding them, you cannot help but wonder what thoughts rushed through their minds? As they were thrown into the flames, what words of prayer were found pressed to their lips? As they realized those flames did not even singe them, how quickly did those prayers turn to praise? As they walked amongst the raging fires, what sounds and words did they hear from the crowds that watched in astonishment?
We all know the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. Men of unwavering faith, that refused to deny God in the face of the most powerful man the world had yet to know. A man who’s reach stretched out to much of the known world. A man who with the snap of his fingers could command armies to distant lands. A man who could destroy and rebuild cities with nothing more than the nod of his brow. But these three followers of the Lord, knew that with all his power, Nebuchadnezzar was just that, he was just a man. He was not God, and he did not speak for God.
As they stood before this powerful king, their devotion stood true to the King of Kings. The words they professed to Nebuchadnezzar still move us to this day. “O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to give you an answer concerning this matter. If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the furnace of blazing fire; and He will deliver us out of your hand, O king. But even if He does not, let it be known to you, O king, that we are not going to serve your gods or worship the golden image that you have set up.”(Daniel 3:16-18). They looked into the eyes of the most powerful one the world had to offer, and placed their faith in the most powerful One the world could ever know. Their answer was simple, if God rescues me, or if He does not, I will only serve the Lord!

Entire story here...

Thank you for posting this, sister. What an encouragement! What an exhortation!

I loved Mike. We shared many written communications and occasional long talks. He was a great encouragement to me early in my ministry, and right up until the day he died.

We brothers and sisters who remain are blessed to still have access to the God-given messages he shared so freely with all. I encourage those who didn't know him and his writings to take advantage of the many powerful messages that are being kept online by his sister so that anyone who wishes may read and be built up by them.

Back