What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Cry Of A Child (The Gift of Christmas)Dr. Mike Murphy

Almost Heaven

Well-known
Faces everywhere in my mind as I remember back to that day, Each direction I looked, there was always a face staring back at me. For all the years I had lived in this small town, I had never seen it so busy. More people than places. More demands than this town could ever have to offer. A place that was normally all but too quiet, was suddenly in wish of nothing but a little silence.
As a merchant, you would think all those faces would have thrilled me. The opportunity to make a fortune in just a few days. Able to set the price of the bread I sold at whatever I desired, and knowing that those desires would have easily been met. But at some point, the desire for a little quiet became greater than the desire for the greed could ever be.
Who would have thought a census would have caused all this confusion, bringing so much chaos to the little town I was born in, and still to this day, call home. A town that was so crowded, so ill-prepared for that census, that people were left sleeping on the streets and looking any and everywhere for just a bite to eat. And I can still remember, that as the day turned to night, the quiet did not return. We were still unable to escape the constant chaos that surrounded us. I remember how I prayed for that quiet, calling out to Jehovah for just a small time of silence so I could at least get a few moments of sleep.
It was as I tried so hard to sleep, that one sound arose above all the chaos. The sound of an infant crying, that was coming from somewhere close to me. So vividly I still remember to this day, there was something in the voice of that child’s cries that overcame me. Something in his sound that shook the very soul of me, and drew me to his voice.

Please continue reading...https://christcalls.blogspot.com/

Faces everywhere in my mind as I remember back to that day, Each direction I looked, there was always a face staring back at me. For all the years I had lived in this small town, I had never seen it so busy. More people than places. More demands than this town could ever have to offer. A place that was normally all but too quiet, was suddenly in wish of nothing but a little silence.
As a merchant, you would think all those faces would have thrilled me. The opportunity to make a fortune in just a few days. Able to set the price of the bread I sold at whatever I desired, and knowing that those desires would have easily been met. But at some point, the desire for a little quiet became greater than the desire for the greed could ever be.
Who would have thought a census would have caused all this confusion, bringing so much chaos to the little town I was born in, and still to this day, call home. A town that was so crowded, so ill-prepared for that census, that people were left sleeping on the streets and looking any and everywhere for just a bite to eat. And I can still remember, that as the day turned to night, the quiet did not return. We were still unable to escape the constant chaos that surrounded us. I remember how I prayed for that quiet, calling out to Jehovah for just a small time of silence so I could at least get a few moments of sleep.
It was as I tried so hard to sleep, that one sound arose above all the chaos. The sound of an infant crying, that was coming from somewhere close to me. So vividly I still remember to this day, there was something in the voice of that child’s cries that overcame me. Something in his sound that shook the very soul of me, and drew me to his voice.

Please continue reading...https://christcalls.blogspot.com/
Thank you for posting this wonderful message from Mike. What a gift his gift of communicating the love of God was to the rest of us...a gift that is still giving.

I never met him face to face, either. We were going to meet at the Rapture Forums prophecy conference in 2014 but by then he was too weak to travel. But over his last year or two, until just before he went home to glory, we spoke by email and by phone. And I knew him to be an absolutely beautiful human being. A glowing example of what a true Christian should look like.

Back