What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have You Ever Heard Of This?

If people would just stop for a moment and realize what they are saying when they say works are required for salvation. That Jesus wasn't enough; that you have to drag your sorry walking corpse through Heaven's gate and present yourself as co-savior next to Christ, and the hideous amount of pride and blasphemy that this concept entails. Nothing gets under my skin quicker. No atheist, polytheist, politician (and that's saying something) or anything else. Nothing gets under my skin more than people that blaspheme Christ while breaking bread with the Church. These people are killers, true killers. The kill you and you never come back kind. The worst of the worst and that saliva-stained ravenous smile and wolf stench that they have... I grew up with them and can smell them ten miles down the road. 🤮🤮🤮
Yes and most of them don't even realize that Satan has them in bondage. The blind leading the blind into a ditch... I love correcting them and seeing the deer in the headlights look when you ask them why Jesus said "it is finished" on the cross?

Interesting but aren't Lutherans and Catholics great enemies of old? :lol:
Martin Luther started out trying to reform the church.

The Sunday church I go to uses white wine instead of red because the RCC said it had to be red. Luther verified there was no Biblical command for this, so some Lutherans use white wine, still protesting the abuses, Pope, etc. of the RCC. The Reformation was a protest, which is where the term Protestant comes from. Hence, Protestant churches and Protestants, which includes essentially all the Western denominations and churches that left (directly or indirectly via those that left directky) the RCC. Churches, which serve both wine and grape juice in individual cups, usually use different colors to help Communicants differentiate between the two. For those on some medications, or who are recovering substance abusers, this is critical.

Orthodox and some Lutherans, who cross ourselves, do so in reverse direction to the RCC. Another form of protest. The propaganda perpetuated by RCC is that the Orthodox cross themselves the other way because they're East of Jerusalem. If this were the case, then Orthodox in the West would cross themselves the same way as Catholics do, but they don't. The Orthodox were the original Protestants, as they split/left from the RCC in 1054 (The Great Schism). Although most Orthodox say the RCC split from the Eastern church via heterodoxy, etc. and they're the original church. The filioque was the straw that broke the camel's back, and not the sole cause of the Orthodox leaving.

FWIW, most Lutheran churches do use red wine for the symbolism of the blood of Jesus, and most Lutherans and other liturgical Protestants (Episcopalian, Anglican, Presbyterian, Methodist, etc.), who cross themselves, cross themselves the same way as Catholics do. It's a symbolic act/tradition that's slowly going away as churches become less liturgical and more informal.

Yes and most of them don't even realize that Satan has them in bondage. The blind leading the blind into a ditch... I love correcting them and seeing the deer in the headlights look when you ask them why Jesus said "it is finished" on the cross?
I pull out Ephesians . . .

Amazing when people finally understand that good works are things done AFTER Salvation, and that they are planned, prepared, and ordained by God for each of us to do, and that they are impossible without The Holy Ghost. AND that these good works have NOTHING TO DO WITH OBTAINING SALVATION, because JESUS DID IT ALL for us and gives it to us FREE. We can't do anything to "earn" Salvation because Jesus did it all. He paid the full price, penalty, etc. for ALL of everyone's sins, past, present, and future. All anyone has to do to get saved is to come to saving faith in Jesus as Lord (God) and Savior.

I wish parents and Sunday schools would do a better job of teaching young children the difference between Salvation (free to us and we cannot do anything to merit or help, and to say we can robs Jesus of His glory), and things we do as Christians loving God and our neighbors, and engaging in The Great Commission. It would save a lot of pain and anguish throughout life, and help people live more fully in the forgiveness and freedom of Christ.

Teens and adults need to be reminded of this, too, from time-to-time, because of the guilt we feel when we sin.

I wish parents and Sunday schools would do a better job of teaching young children the difference between Salvation (free to us and we cannot do anything to merit or help, and to say we can robs Jesus of His glory), and things we do as Christians loving God and our neighbors, and engaging in The Great Commission. It would save a lot of pain and anguish throughout life, and help people live more fully in the forgiveness and freedom of Christ.

Teens and adults need to be reminded of this, too, from time-to-time, because of the guilt we feel when we sin.
:100percent:

This is why it is our job to be part of churches and sprinkle that much needed salt in these areas.

Forums like this help us stay sharp for the task.

Back