What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have You Ever Asked Someone If They Believe in God?

Goodboy

Just waiting for the Rapture at this point!
Have You Ever Asked Someone If They Believe in God?

If you have ever asked someone if they believe in God, to really find out what they mean by that requires a second question. The second question tells us if they believe in the same God as us. The second question is do they believe that the Bible is God's Word. Now if you asked if they believe there is a God, maybe they do believe in the same God as us, but again to find out for sure still requires the second question.

What is my point? Well maybe it is just me, but if I asked someone if they believed in God years ago I assumed that were talking about the God of the Bible, not their own God. Thinking about my brother and my efforts to get him saved helped me understand that many people do say they believe in God, but it is their own version of God not the God of the Bible.

My brother use to like to curse a lot and when sharing with him I asked him if he would mind not cursing so much. His response was "God does not care if you curse" then he continued to state what God does and does not care about. Where did he get this version of God? From his own thinking or possibly even Satan. When I mentioned the Bible to him, he said that white men wrote the Bible and used it to enslave blacks, so he did not believe the Bible. My brother and I are black, by the way.

You see I knew that if someone was a certain religion like Muslim as example, that they believed in a different God than we do. However, if they were not a part of any religion at all I would assume they were referring to the God of the Bible when I asked if they believed in God. Why is the second question important? Because you could be speaking to the person trying to get them to accept Jesus Christ when they don't yet believe in the same God as we do. So the first part of your conversation may be a waste of time, as you have to back tract and convince them of the God of the Bible.

We do not just believe in a God, but in a very specific and one and only God who the Bible tells us about.

Goodboy :)

Back