What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Gap between the Rapture and the Trib?

That comparison does not work.
The Bible tells us what will happen in Revelation for a reason. The Bible does not say anything about a gap, so there is nothing for us to learn. :noidea:
There is no need for a verse on a gap or no gap. The rapture is nowhere connected to the timing of the tribulation other than the rapture is first.

The comparison does work I used. There are plenty of verses in Revelation that lead to discussions because its not as clear of the meaning or even timing.

The more I study on the topic of the Rapture and Tribulation and the things that will likely happen before Tribulation, the more I'm coming to think (not know) that there might be a pretty good gap between the Rapture and Tribulation.

Care to elaborate? I'd love to hear! It's interesting to contemplate how it could all fall into place before the Trib!

I said what I said and refuse to get into an argument that has no profit to anyone.
God Bless! 😊
Hey brother, its not an argument (Im not sure one can argue via typed words), its trying to decipher/guess/speculate when certain events will happen. There literally are hundreds of books on this topic along with other biblical prophecy topics. All IMO are interesting to discuss, and there has been many times I thought my views were correct, only to learn from others my views were “out there”.

Care to elaborate? I'd love to hear! It's interesting to contemplate how it could all fall into place before the Trib!

When I'm looking at end times events, I'm especially interested in things that could (not will, but could) happen before the Rapture. Things that could happen before the Rapture could also happen after the Rapture and before Tribulation. For example, the Eze 38-39 Invasion of Israel. My opinion on that is the Bible pretty much rules out anytime after Tribulation starts with the information provided us. So yes, I personally discount all the theories that aren't pre-trib for that event, and that's based on my study of the Bible. Could I be wrong? Almost always. Then there is the destruction of Damascus. I don't believe that's a Tribulation time event either so in my opinion must occur prior to. I don't have an opinion on the possible Psalm war as I haven't studied that, other than to say that if that is a future war then I believe it will occur before Tribulation. Then Daniel 7:23-27 indicates that the end times govmint and the 10 kings will arise before Tribulation, and necessarily, the person designated to be the anti-christ will rise up in that organization to be in a position to affirm the 7 year covenant with Israel at the appointed time, and at the time that that covenant with Israel is confirmed, Tribulation starts... precisely then.

So there are a lot of pre-trib events, in my opinion that need to take place, and it seems like we're quickly racing to that time in history, which, happily, means the Rapture is SUPER imminent.

In my opinion, we're already seeing the Daniel 7 prophecies developing in real time. It's not hard for me to envision the destruction of Damascus and the Psalm war (if it is a war) happening pre-Rapture, and while it could happen pre-Rapture, I lean towards the Eze war happening between the Rapture and Tribulation. That war could actually lend to the covenant between the anti-christ and Israel happening, and the destruction of Damascus could be the opportunity that the Eze 38-39 coalition uses to justify themselves in going after Israel even though we know that the real reason is to take spoils. Back to Daniel 7. We see the global govmint arranging itself and much of that is happening out in the open for all to see. Not too long ago all of that was done in secrecy. I'll bet there is still much being done secretly, so we don't really know how far this has developed despite being able to watch some of it. This global govmint is different in that in this state it is a hierarchy without a country of its own, yet it will eventually rule the world. The kings may not be kings in the traditional sense all of which makes watching the development of this evil empire developing interesting.

I have a harder time seeing the Eze war occur pre-Rapture, and that is so Israeli-centric and includes God's hand of obvious super-natural protection over Israel. That just seems like a post-Church era thing to me, though I still see the possibility of it being a pre-Rapture event. If it is post-Rapture, and I believe it has to be pre-Trib, then of course there must be a gap between the Rapture and Tribulation.

Not too long ago I read a fiction book that was end times related. The time of the book was set about 10 years after the Rapture and Tribulation had not yet started. People in the book were aware of the Rapture theory when so many disappeared but they were discounting that theory because the other things that Christians were teaching (Tribulation related) had not occurred. That got me thinking about a gap where before I was more inclined to think that the Church would be taken out very near the time that the anti-christ and Israel confirmed that Covenant which starts the clock ticking for 7 360 day years of Tribulation, but I'm thinking more and more that there will be a sizeable gap, possible of at least a few years between the two events.

but I'm thinking more and more that there will be a sizeable gap, possible of at least a few years between the two events.
Excellent post.

With planes, trains, and cars crashing as a direct result of the rapture with many dead, and children around the world taken (if the age of accountability is true), then the world would be in total chaos for a lengthy time. Probably not the ideal time for the world to accept the AC, or Israel being ready to sign a treaty. It will take time (gap) and that length of time is unpredictable.

We see the global govmint arranging itself and much of that is happening out in the open for all to see. Not too long ago all of that was done in secrecy. I'll bet there is still much being done secretly, so we don't really know how far this has developed despite being able to watch some of it. This global govmint is different in that in this state it is a hierarchy without a country of its own, yet it will eventually rule the world. The kings may not be kings in the traditional sense all of which makes watching the development of this evil empire developing interesting.
Kings without kingdoms is interesting. Hopefully, the church will be gone before its a fully functioning global leadership.

Time appears short as the season is upon us.

Many things make a bit more sense if they are fulfilled between the Rapture and the Trib.
If Babylon of Rev 17 and 18 is the literal, ancient city of Babylon, it still needs to be built. That could also happen in a gap period.
Otherwise, since we consider the Rapture imminent, we could easily say to ourselves, "well, the rapture isnt too close since we still need to see Babylon rebuilt, the Jewish temple built, Ez 38 and Is 17 wars happen, OWG form..." etc.

If those prophecies happen in a gap period, then the rapture is completely imminent so that we really are not watching for anything that must happen before it's all ready for the Tribulation.

God doesn't tell us everything and many things happen that lead to the prophesied events. When you look at Daniel 9:24-27, verse 26 jumps over the entire Church Age, which is like a gap of time God doesn't tell us about there. So things like that make me wonder if we are understanding prophecy a bit differently now as the day approaches!

Back