What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Gap between the Rapture and the Trib?

Anastacia

Let Him do to me whatever seems good to Him 2Sam15
Pete Garcia and Tyler of Generation2434 Recently did a video discussing this topic.

It is quite long and a lot of the beginning is spent justifying that we can examine this even though it will be assumptions on our part. Just like at one time, students of prophecy had to try to figure out what the image of the beast or the mark of the beast may entail. We have the prophetic outline of things given to us in the Bible, and because we love His coming, we are always watching to see how things develop.
I jotted down Pete's main points for and against a gap. I find this topic interesting and admit that I'm hoping there is a gap because that would mean we won't have to see much more happen and we will be even sooner with Him! And since the Rapture is a sign-less event, we don't necessarily need to check off all the prophecies still to happen since some could be fulfilled in a "gap" of time between the rapture and the beginning of the Tribulation

Around the 32 minute mark, Pete gives reasons there could be a gap:

- There is nothing specific connecting the rapture to the AC's signing of the covenant (Dan 9:27). There is nothing specifically connecting the rapture to 1 Thes, 4:14-18 or 1 Cor 15:51-52.
Perhaps the rapture is a part of 1 Thes. 5:1-5 when sudden destruction comes on them and everyone is calling for 'peace and safety.'

- From Pentecost to the Rapture is the Church Age which begins with believers being given the Holy Spirit and will end with the Holy Spirit being removed via the believers being removed. The rapture is not what starts the Tribulation but it is the end of the Church Age. (The AC signing the 7 year covenant is what begins the Tribulation. Dan. 9:27)

- The rapture itself will be a form of judgment tying in 1 Thes. 5 and Rev. 3:10-- the sudden destruction/the hour of trial that comes upon the whole world (which we are kept from). There will be so much chaos from the rapture that it will take time to rein in and get a global system in place that brings the AC front and center.

- The 10 Kings over ten regions (Daniel 7) will not be formed instantaneously. Likewise, wars, governments, military strategies, logistics, and other details all take time to get into place.

- Assuming Ezekiel 38/Gog-Magog war is pre-trib, the need to move massive armies (whether horseback or tanks) toward Israel will take time.

- At the end of the the Gog-Magog war there is an earthquake (Ez 38:19) which could bring down the al-aqsa mosque at the Dome of the Rock which would then allow the Jews to rebuild their 3rd Temple. Even if the Temple is pre-fabricated and could be built rather quickly, the earthquake rubble will still have to be cleaned up and the Temple built, which could all be done in the gap period before the AC is even on the scene.

- The building of the commercial city of Babylon would fit nicely in a gap (or otherwise, aren't we waiting to see that before the rapture?). Interestingly, a massive city near Baghdad is being built by China and Iraq and they just broke ground in December 2023! China, Iraq begin construction of new city near Baghdad

- The physical headquarters of the world religious system will need to be built (could be within the city of Babylon or separate, depending on how you interpret it).

Around the 44 minute mark, Pete gives reasons there may Not be a gap, or at least why that gap may be shortening (weeks or months rather than years):

- Each passing day of the Church Age is setting up the Beast Kingdom's infrastructure, technology, alignment of nations, economic conditions etc.. ...less to accomplish on the other side of the rapture.

- When the Holy Spirit is removed (via the believers), there won't be restraints on man's capabilities. Progress will be unlimited, intelligence systems will speed up to help solve the after-rapture chaos.

- After the rapture, there will be nothing to hold back the wave of supernatural intervention, so most likely, demons will be helping to set of the AC's kingdom.

- Pete brought up the verse in Matt. 24:22 that says "If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened." And he wonders if that might mean that during the Trib, it will shift from the Gregorian calendar being used to the Hebrew calendar which is 35 or 36 days less.

Pete and Tyler also mentioned that when the door to the ark was closed, the rain didn't start for several days (seven?)-- supporting the idea of God using gaps. I never noticed that before.

So if there is no gap, then the above points are the events we will see come together.
Just thought I'd link to this video in case anyone wants to share their thoughts for and against the concept!

I tend to think there will be at least a small gap. The scriptural reasons that speak most to me:

- The agreement (or confirming the agreement or making the agreement stronger) is what starts the week per Daniel 9:27. Note that it references 'he' -- the antichrist. He's directly involved.

- Per 2 Thessalonians 2:7-8, the antichrist can't be revealed until the Restrainer stops restraining.

- I believe the antichrist is probably also the rider on the white horse in Revelation 6:2. He is only released when Jesus breaks the first seal, which is after the Rapture.

Besides all that, I agree with Pete that it will take a little bit of time for the world powers that be to respond after the Rapture. Probably not a ton of time since the evil one knows it's coming, but I'd be pretty surprised if it happened on the same day. Also, between the Crucifixion and the destruction of the temple in 70 AD, there were 40ish years (since we don't know the date of the Crucifixion for sure (and that's one thing I'd personally love to know!)), so there was some overlap as the dispensation changed before the Jews were scattered. I think something similar could happen but on a much shorter time frame after the church is removed and before things start in earnest.

I watched most of it yesterday. I agree with what Pete said. He said years ago, he thought there could be a really long gap of a few years, or longer. However, with the advancements in technology and the world getting closer to a OWG, the gap could be quite small…weeks, or maybe a few months.

While I cannot say what God will do or why, I am trying to understand logically why there would be a gap between the Rapture and the Tribulation. So here is a question I have that may help me consider the Gap Theory.

What is the purpose of the Rapture?

I believe that God has a purpose for everything he does, though I do understand that we don't always know what his purpose is. I was always taught and believed that the purpose of the Rapture was to save us from the Tribulation. If that is the case, then to me the Rapture won't happen until we need to be saved from the Tribulation. What would be the purpose of the Rapture if it were to happen before the Tribulation was to begin? In any case, not sure if it will change my mind but I am a logical thinker and want to understand the logic of why the Rapture happens at all.

So again, I am not looking for some long answer or article to read, just a simple answer to this question.

What is the purpose of the Rapture?

To me, there are at least four purposes to the Rapture:

- to fulfill promises made in scripture.

- to demonstrate His love towards those who believe.

- to continue the process of calling Israel back to Him.

- to initiate judgement.

So no one believes that the Rapture is to save us from the Tribulation? 🤔

I do, but see that as included in my second point.

I have another question if there is a Gap. What happens to those who accept Jesus as their Savior during the gap?

The same as happens to those who believe during the tribulation -- they go to Heaven when they die. They do miss out on not experiencing physical death and will experience whatever part of the trib they're alive for.

Anyone who believes there is no gap, no amount of time between the rapture and the start of the tribulation, answer this question.

If the rapture happens right this second, is there a OWG already in place, right now? If not, how will the AC rise out of the OWG and position himself as the leader who has authority to affirm the treaties? Only this affirming of the treaties start the tribulation.

The rapture is in no way biblically connected with the start of the tribulation (other than the rapture is first). There has to be a gap, maybe its only hours, or days, or weeks, or even months, there will be a gap.

The same as happens to those who believe during the tribulation -- they go to Heaven when they die. They do miss out on not experiencing physical death and will experience whatever part of the trib they're alive for.

So if they experience the exact same thing that those do that are in the Tribulation, why do you call that time a gap? I would say that the Grace Age is over and they are in the Tribulation. We don't need to debate that though but thanks for your response. 👍

God Bless!
:)

Anyone who believes there is no gap, no amount of time between the rapture and the start of the tribulation, answer this question.
If there is no gap at all, that'll be pretty amazing. Even if everything prophesied to occur before the antichrist and Israel confirm that 7 year covenant is in place/has occurred, the likelihood of some amount of gap would still be very highly probable.

The Rapture would pretty much have to occur at the same time as the meeting when the covenant was being confirmed by the parties and their signatures being put to the document for no gap whatsoever... possible of course... but it isn't hard to imagine a gap of some indeterminate amount of time.

I would say that the Grace Age is over and they are in the Tribulation.

The beginning of Tribulation is marked by the confirming of a 7 covenant between the antichrist and Israel. Anything before that event would not be Tribulation. As @Andy C has indicated, the timing of the Rapture and the beginning of Tribulation is not Scripturally connected in terms of when one occurs and the other begins.

If the rapture happens right this second, is there a OWG already in place, right now? If not, how will the AC rise out of the OWG and position himself as the leader who has authority to affirm the treaties? Only this affirming of the treaties start the tribulation.

The rapture is in no way biblically connected with the start of the tribulation (other than the rapture is first). There has to be a gap, maybe its only hours, or days, or weeks, or even months, there will be a gap.
My answer to your question is that the world already has everything currently in place for a world leader to take over. Yep, right now whether we believe it or not. For all we know even the treaties waiting to be signed. All that is required is a reason to have a one world leader. There is almost a reason right now for a one world leader with all the threats of World War III. If we were Raptured right now with all the chaos that would cause, the whole world would be more than ready to accept anyone with an answer to lead them.

Don't need you to agree, just making my point.

If we were Raptured right now with all the chaos that would cause, the whole world would be more than ready to accept anyone with an answer to lead them
Daniel 7:23-27 tells of some things that need to happen and the order they'll happen in. While the Rapture can happen now, it at least doesn't appear that things that will happen before the beginning of Tribulation has yet happened.

My answer to your question is that the world already has everything currently in place for a world leader to take over. Yep, right now whether we believe it or not. For all we know even the treaties waiting to be signed. All that is required is a reason to have a one world leader. There is almost a reason right now for a one world leader with all the threats of World War III. If we were Raptured right now with all the chaos that would cause, the whole world would be more than ready to accept anyone with an answer to lead them.

Don't need you to agree, just making my point.

Do you really believe seconds after the rapture, Israel would sign a treaty? The world will be in total chaos with hundreds of millions instantly gone.

As you said, we dont have to agree, and we will both find out at the same time what really happened.

What we have to agree on is the bible nowhere states the Tribulation starts immediately after the rapture - not even a hint.

Daniel 7:23-27 tells of some things that need to happen and the order they'll happen in. While the Rapture can happen now, it at least doesn't appear that things that will happen before the beginning of Tribulation has yet happened.

Just to be clear, I am not saying that the Rapture has to happen now. For all I know it could be many years from now. So maybe some things do need to happen before the Tribulation, but that also could apply to the Rapture. Not having things in place for the Tribulation now, is not a reason to claim there is a gap between the Rapture and the Tribulation. To me if we got Raptured right now for no special reason and the Tribulation did not start, it would not be fair to those who accepted Jesus during the so called gap.

At least that is what I think anyway.

Im just excited because we appear to be in the season! Anything else really is fun to chat about, but in the big scheme, totally irrelevant for the church, we wont be here.

Do you really believe seconds after the rapture, Israel would sign a treaty? The world will be in total chaos with hundreds of millions instantly gone.

As you said, we dont have to agree, and we will both find out at the same time what really happened.

What we have to agree on is the bible nowhere states the Tribulation starts immediately after the rapture - not even a hint.

The answer to the question you started with is absolutely!!! Yes!!! Because of the chaos!!!

You are correct in saying that the Bible does not say that the Tribulation starts immediately after the Rapture. I don't know why you say there is no hint of that though. I can show you many Pastors who agree with me saying that the main purpose of the Rapture is to save us from the Tribulation and ends the Grace Age and starts the Tribulation.

I was good with what you stated until the "not even a hint" part. I am sure that you know that no man is totally accurate with their interpretation of what the Bible says. Which means that I could be wrong and so could you. And so could any and all Pastors. I have just been giving my opinion.

Again, "Not even a hint" is calling all Pastors who believe as I do stupid for believing what we do.

The answer to the question you started with is absolutely!!! Yes!!! Because of the chaos!!!

You are correct in saying that the Bible does not say that the Tribulation starts immediately after the Rapture. I don't know why you say there is no hint of that though. I can show you many Pastors who agree with me saying that the main purpose of the Rapture is to save us from the Tribulation and ends the Grace Age and starts the Tribulation.

I was good with what you stated until the "not even a hint" part. I am sure that you know that no man is totally accurate with their interpretation of what the Bible says. Which means that I could be wrong and so could you. And so could any and all Pastors. I have just been giving my opinion.

Again, "Not even a hint" is calling all Pastors who believe as I do stupid for believing what we do.
Can you show me a verse that hints the tribulation immediately follows the rapture?

All of us are wrong on some issues dealing with prophecy, but I would never think one I disagree with is stupid. All we can do with some propjecy is speculate when its not 100 percent clear.

The majority of pastors dont teach eschatology and many seminaries barely broach the subject.

Back