What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Solar Eclipse: Coincidence or Final Warning

Wasn't that an old Coca Cola commercial from the 70s?😆
Hands Across America campaign against hunger.

The Coca Cola commercial was "I'd like to buy the world a Coke," written from the song "I'd like to Teach the World to Sing, in Perfect Harmony"

Please protect your eyes if you plan to look towards the sun (or in the direction of where the sun is) during the Eclipse today.

If you have made in China for nerds eclipse glasses, do you trust them?

:thankyou: for the reminder :)

Glasses from 2017, Made in USA. Used in 2023 for the partial (annular) solar eclipse we had here, as well. Still serviceable. :)

Glasses from 2017, Made in USA. Used in 2023 for the partial (annular) solar eclipse we had here, as well. Still serviceable. :)

Thought I'd say something... some folks grow up without learning it's not a good idea to look directly at the sun... We'll probably see some news about people damaging their eyes trying to get a good look at the Eclipse. Looks like a good portion of the areas that will experience 100% Eclipse will have cloud cover.

I live in a mostly liberal city, although we’re living on the out skirts, which is fairly conservative. However, there are lots of aging hippies who seemed to have retired here. For the eclipse in 2017, which we were in the direct path, there was one house which had about 5 people sitting out front in beach chairs. They were dressed as if they just got done filming in a cheech and chong movie, and wearing huge Elton John type sunglasses, long hair blowing in the wind.

When is or was the eclipse supposed to happen? I'm not sure it will even be noticed here in SC.
Right now. The eclipse is moving across North America. Currently in Mexico.
Live coverage on Weather Channel Weather Underground

:lol: right on ROSE! :lol:

I don't ever travel to see these things. I watch on YouTube.

Somebody somewhere has a better view of it, and is willing to share.

I get to stay home, make coffee, iced coffee, grab a pepperoni stick or some nuts or good Brie cheese to enjoy whilst watching thru THEIR camera lens. They get to cope with crowds, noise, heat, someone's crying toddler and lineups to the portapotty. Mud in the fields etc.

If we lived closer I'd move over on the couch and offer you some good snacks as we watch God's symphony of nature do it's thing. I think you're dairy free but I'd look up some nice grass fed beef jerky, organic almonds and some nice coffee to go with.

Someday Ghoti we will watch all the cool stuff and enjoy each other's company in heaven. That will be wonderful.

Someday soon I hope.
Plus you can watch it over and over on YT. On the other hand, you can only go blind once.

Back