What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Great Flood

I'm not implying whatsoever that Christianity is incorrect. And this thread is NOT about salvation. No I did not read your testimony because it has nothing to do with this thread!
You are correct regarding this thread, but if you are a Christian I did not think you would be bothered by what I posted as salvation is a major issue. However, I will honer your wishes and not post here again. 👍

Dear Muckah, please read our Scriptural truths and posting rules.
  • All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness. (2 Timothy 3:16) Therefore it is inerrant and must be our only instruction and guide—in our daily lives…and on this board. (Romans 15:4)
Translations are not inerrant. The scriptures are only inerrant in the original writings and documents.

Why question my salvation? Do you think it's appropriate to do so?
It is absolutely appropriate. I never accused you of not being saved, which would be inappropriate. I just asked a question? If you are saved and had answered that question when asked earlier in this thread, I never would have brought up the salvation issue. How in the world am I suppose to share the Gospel if I cannot not ask someone if they are saved? 🤔

That's my last post, no need for you to respond to me.
God Bless! :)

It is absolutely appropriate. I never accused you of not being saved, which would be inappropriate. I just asked a question? If you are saved and had answered that question when asked earlier in this thread, I never would have brought up the salvation issue. How in the world am I suppose to share the Gospel if I cannot not ask someone if they are saved? 🤔

That's my last post, no need for you to respond to me.
<<mod edit>>

In my experience - even asking if someone is or is not saved IS NOT a profitable way to go about witnessing. That is a sure-fire way to turn someone off.

You started the thread so don't back out.

In my experience - even asking if someone is or is not saved IS NOT a profitable way to go about witnessing. That is a sure-fire way to turn someone off.
That is your experience, not mine. I have asked people on the street, "Do you know what Jesus has done for you?" which is just another way of asking if they are saved. If they are saved, they have responded with a big smile and usually tell me a little about themselves and what church they attend or something. If they are not saved, they just usually say either "No thanks!" or "What has Jesus done for me?" meaning they want to engage in a conversation.

You have however changed the subject speaking about how to witness. I was just responding to your saying it was inappropriate to ask someone that question, not how well it worked.

I only started the the thread as some were confused about if Noah was in the Ark 7 days before the flood. However, the thread has morphed into something I am not interested in discussing. So I am not backing out of my original point, just to what the thread has morphed into.

<<mod edit>>

My questions were not to someone on the street, who may have never heard the gospel.

My questions were to you…someone who appears to know much about the Bible, but are picking and choosing which parts of the Bible you believe in.

Absolutely, I am going to ask these questions.

They are appropriate on a Christian forum.

Back