What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Feds Worked With Banks to Flag Purchases of Bibles, 'Extremist' Text

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Staff member
According to the House Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government, which falls under the jurisdiction of the House Judiciary Committee, federal law enforcement agencies partnered with a number of financial institutions to flag transactions with the terms "MAGA," "Trump" and more. They also monitored transactions at stores like Cabela's and Bass Pro Shop. Other purchases linked to religious texts, like Christian bibles, were flagged under the guise of "preventing extremism."

"The Committee and Select Subcommittee have obtained documents indicating that following January 6, 2021, FinCEN distributed materials to financial institutions that, among other things, outline the 'typologies' of various persons of interest and provide financial institutions with suggested search terms and Merchant Category Codes (MCCs) for identifying transactions on behalf of federal law enforcement," the Committee released Wednesday.

"These materials included a document recommending the use of generic terms like 'TRUMP' and 'MAGA' to 'search Zelle payment messages' as well as a 'prior FinCEN analysis' of 'Lone Actor/Homegrown Violent Extremism Indicators.' According to this analysis, FinCEN warned financial institutions of 'extremism' indicators that include 'transportation charges, such as bus tickets, rental cars, or plane tickets, for travel to areas with no apparent purpose,' or 'the purchase of books (including religious texts) and subscriptions to other media containing extremist views.' In other words, FinCEN urged large financial institutions to comb through the private transactions of their customers for suspicious charges on the basis of protected political and religious expression," the Committee found.

How our world has changed in such a very short period of time.

According to the House Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government, which falls under the jurisdiction of the House Judiciary Committee, federal law enforcement agencies partnered with a number of financial institutions to flag transactions with the terms "MAGA," "Trump" and more. They also monitored transactions at stores like Cabela's and Bass Pro Shop. Other purchases linked to religious texts, like Christian bibles, were flagged under the guise of "preventing extremism."

"The Committee and Select Subcommittee have obtained documents indicating that following January 6, 2021, FinCEN distributed materials to financial institutions that, among other things, outline the 'typologies' of various persons of interest and provide financial institutions with suggested search terms and Merchant Category Codes (MCCs) for identifying transactions on behalf of federal law enforcement," the Committee released Wednesday.

"These materials included a document recommending the use of generic terms like 'TRUMP' and 'MAGA' to 'search Zelle payment messages' as well as a 'prior FinCEN analysis' of 'Lone Actor/Homegrown Violent Extremism Indicators.' According to this analysis, FinCEN warned financial institutions of 'extremism' indicators that include 'transportation charges, such as bus tickets, rental cars, or plane tickets, for travel to areas with no apparent purpose,' or 'the purchase of books (including religious texts) and subscriptions to other media containing extremist views.' In other words, FinCEN urged large financial institutions to comb through the private transactions of their customers for suspicious charges on the basis of protected political and religious expression," the Committee found.

How our world has changed in such a very short period of time.
Color me shocked! Not! I donated to Trump, I shop at Bass Pro and Cabela’s, I have the Bible App on my phone, etc.. I’m a veteran, I’m a white male, retired LEO. My fingerprints have been in the National database for 45 years, military and leo.

Oh my, I guess I’m ok I stayed home jan sixth.:monkey:

I frankly don't care how they snoop on me. I'm a fairly open book as far as my beliefs, view and activities go. And as a relatively recent (legal) immigrant in the process of becoming a citizen, the authorities already have a full book on me, from financial to health to fingerprints and everything else they could think of.

But the idea that they would spy on legal, law-abiding American citizens through back channels such as this, and over anything other than actual terrorist or criminal activity, and without any warrants, should disturb every single American. These actions are the first steps in totalitarian rule. Guard your liberties, Americans. Once lost they are not easily regained.

Color me shocked! Not! I donated to Trump, I shop at Bass Pro and Cabela’s, I have the Bible App on my phone, etc.. I’m a veteran, I’m a white male, retired LEO. My fingerprints have been in the National database for 45 years, military and leo.

Oh my, I guess I’m ok I stayed home jan sixth.
:monkey:

My file must be a foot thick (or more)
:lol:

The forwarded fingerprint cards alone (since the 1970s), Federal employment, retired military, and retired LEO
I used to work for my denomination
Several Bible and Christian apps on my phone
Huge lit blow mold Nativity outside the last several years (very small display this year) that I'm "sure" is visible from ISS and satellites, but for "sure" imaged by various drones and aircraft that fly over here all the time. It shows up on Google maps both here and previous residence :eek:
Fortunately, I was half a continent away on January 6th, so I'm OK, too :lol:

FWIW, it's also the Post Office. Every time I get something from the Wednesday church, the envelope is open or the end slit open before I get it, and there's always an extra delay of a few days before I receive the envelope. This last time, the end of the envelope was slit open and there was at least one item removed and not returned to the envelope (verified by the sender) :mad:
Envelopes, which are sent to me from the Sunday church, don't even get to me anymore :mad:
There are huge problems at the mail sorting facility in this metro :mad:

Back