What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The App

I've only had a smartphone for a little over a month, but here goes.

Using the Duck on Tor on an Android phone, I accessed CCF website.
The hamburger button on the bottom of my screen does nothing in reference to an app.

However, the 3-dot menu button on the bottom of the website part of my screen brings up a menu. In this menu, there's a slider button to enable or disable the desktop version of the CCF on my phone. The slider button turns magenta when enabled and gray when not enabled. The desktop version-not-enabled version of the website isn't an app. It's merely cell phone-friendly format and functionality, which I suspect the software used to create, maintain, and run the website, and/or the hosting site, and/or my phone software does without my seeing it happen. No real difference when not logged in, but a huge difference when logged into CCF.

The settings button inside the three-dot menu button brings up yet another menu, No app there or inside anything on this menu.

I checked GooglePlay and found no CCF app.

My conclusion is that there isn't a CCF app. However, there is a cellphone-friendly version and a desk-top friendly version, which appear to only affect display and functionality on cell phones, and maybe tablets, vs. desktops.

FWIW, an app is a separate beast than a website. Here's a detailed explanation of the differences Web Developers vs App Developers: The Ultimate Showdown

Got CCF added as a bookmark. The browser shows a function for desktop bookmarks, but still working on how to copy a regular bookmark to desktop bookmark. I "assume" that will provide a screen shortcut to CCF.

Along the way, I found the default browser function, so chrome doesn't keep trying to get used.

Don't want to use Tor for banking, though, so I think adding the Duck to the screen where the only things are bank shortcuts and then making shortcuts in the duck, and "maybe" can make screen shortcuts that then use the Duck instead of Tor. Maybe overriding the default browser automatically for those couple places. Maybe need to add the student loan servicer and long-term care insurance to that screen.

Got CCF added as a bookmark. The browser shows a function for desktop bookmarks, but still working on how to copy a regular bookmark to desktop bookmark. I "assume" that will provide a screen shortcut to CCF.

Along the way, I found the default browser function, so chrome doesn't keep trying to get used.

Don't want to use Tor for banking, though, so I think adding the Duck to the screen where the only things are bank shortcuts and then making shortcuts in the duck, and "maybe" can make screen shortcuts that then use the Duck instead of Tor. Maybe overriding the default browser automatically for those couple places. Maybe need to add the student loan servicer and long-term care insurance to that screen.

In windows you can drag the lock in the address window to the desktop and the link will be added to the desktop.

Back