What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Romans 8:31-34"VITAL QUESTIONS" By Chuck Smith

1LoverofGod

Well-known
Opening:

I. "IF GOD BE FOR US, WHO CAN BE AGAINST US."
A. For a long time in my Christian experience I somehow had the idea that God was against me.
1. That He was just waiting for me to make a mistake so that He could teach me a lesson by bringing judgment upon me.
2. Every bad thing that happened to me I blamed on God. I figured that He was punishing me for something.
3. I thought that somehow I had to earn God's favor or approval.
4. Somehow I had to persuade Him to love me, I thought that His love was something that I had to deserve.
5. Basically I thought that God loved good boys and hated bad boys.
6. That song about Santa Claus making out a list and checking it twice, going to find out who's naughty and nice was sort of describing God.
B. I did not comprehend the extent of God's love for me.
C. Should Satan ever hassle you concerning God's love for you just look at the cross.
1. For God commended His love towards us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for the ungodly.

Full Sermon Notes:

Back