What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rapture verses through the Bible

Kaatje

Unto Thee I lift my eyes. Ps. 123
Staff member
Let's fill this thread with verses from the Bible.

I'll start with Song of Solomon 2:

The voice‭ of my beloved‭! behold, he cometh‭‭ leaping‭‭ upon the mountains‭, skipping‭‭ upon the hills‭.‭
‭My beloved‭ is like‭‭ a roe‭ or a young‭ hart‭: behold, he standeth‭‭ behind‭ our wall‭, he looketh forth‭‭ at the windows‭, shewing‭‭ himself through the ‭lattice‭‭.‭
‭My beloved‭ spake‭‭, and said‭‭ unto me, Rise up‭‭, my love‭, my fair one‭, and come away‭‭.‭
‭For, lo, the winter‭ is past‭‭, the rain‭ is over‭‭ ‭and‭ gone‭‭;‭
‭The flowers‭ appear‭‭ on the earth‭; the time‭ of the singing‭ ‭of birds‭ is come‭‭, and the voice‭ of the turtle‭ is heard‭‭ in our land‭;‭
‭The fig tree‭ putteth forth‭‭ her green figs‭, and the vines‭ ‭with‭ the tender grape‭ give‭‭ a ‭good‭ smell‭. Arise‭‭, my love‭, my fair one‭, and come away‭‭.‭

Isaiah 26:20-21:

Come, my people, enter your chambers,
And shut your doors behind you;
Hide yourself, as it were, for a little moment,
Until the indignation is past.
For behold, the Lord comes out of His place
To punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity;
The earth will also disclose her blood,
And will no more cover her slain.

1 CORINTHIANS 15:51-52

Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.

5) Zephaniah 2:2-3
“Before the decree takes effect and the day passes like chaff, before the burning anger of the Lord comes upon you, before the Day of the Lord’s anger comes upon you. Seek the Lord all you meek of the earth, who have upheld His justice. Seek righteousness, seek humility. It may be that you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.”

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words.

:)

Genesis 5:21-24

Enoch lived sixty-five years, and begot Methuselah. After he begot Methuselah, Enoch walked with God three hundred years, and had sons and daughters. So all the days of Enoch were three hundred and sixty-five years. And Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him.

Also Hebrews 11:5

By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death, “and was not found, because God had taken him”; for before he was taken he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

Daniel 12:1-2

“At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise. There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then. But at that time your people—everyone whose name is found written in the book—will be delivered. Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt."

Mark 13:28-37

28 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:
29 So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.
30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.
34 For the Son of Man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.
Mark 13:28-37, KJV

John 14:1-6 NASB95 —

“Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. “In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. “If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. “And you know the way where I am going.” Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?” Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

John 14:1-6 NASB95 —

“Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. “In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. “If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. “And you know the way where I am going.” Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?” Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.
This was one of the Bible passages read at Dad's funeral <3
I think it refers to what God is preparing for both the believers, who are alive at the time of the Rapture, and those, who die in The Lord, before the Rapture.

I dont believe any Old Testament verses reference the rapture, but there are many which reference the 7 year tribulation.
If we're going to stick to those explicitly detailing the Rapture I probably agree, but in that case this thread would have been over after a couple of posts. Enoch, for example, is pretty widely considered to be a type of the Rapture, but I agree isn't directly talking about the main event itself. I think God put these hints and references all throughout His Word so that we could better understand Him and His purposes and as a means of leading us into the truth and confirming we have the correct interpretation.

Home » Ask a Bible Teacher » Psalm 27 And The Rapture

Q
I was reading Psalm 27 and when I finished reading the entire chapter I just came to notice what verses 5 and 6 says. Do you think that would refer to the Rapture of the church? I appreciate your kindness and It’s always a blessing read your teachings.

A
Psalm 27:5-6 says,
For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.
Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the LORD.

I don’t imagine any one from Old Testament times saw it this way, but from our perspective it’s one of those little gems we find through out the Bible that confirm our belief in a pre-Trib rapture.

Home » Ask a Bible Teacher » Psalm 27 And The Rapture

Q
I was reading Psalm 27 and when I finished reading the entire chapter I just came to notice what verses 5 and 6 says. Do you think that would refer to the Rapture of the church? I appreciate your kindness and It’s always a blessing read your teachings.

A
Psalm 27:5-6 says,
For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.
Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the LORD.

I don’t imagine any one from Old Testament times saw it this way, but from our perspective it’s one of those little gems we find through out the Bible that confirm our belief in a pre-Trib rapture.
What - Using my favorite end times/bible teacher own words against my earlier post……Excellent brother.

I read the OT everyday, there are many little gems pointing to our blessed hope and our rescue.
I especially like the accounts of Noah and Lot. Both set the pattern for a pre-Trib Rapture and were a big part of my understanding and agreeing with what Hal Lindsey wrote in The Late Great Planet Earth when I first learned about the pre-Trib Rapture.

:thankyou: Hal!

:thankyou: JESUS!!! :thankyou:

Philippians 3:20-21 “But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.”

I hope I didn’t repeat someone!

How about this one. Stumbled on it today!

And‭ Enoch‭ also‭, the seventh‭ from‭ Adam‭, prophesied‭‭ of these‭, saying‭‭, Behold‭‭, the Lord‭ cometh‭‭ with‭ ten thousands‭ of his‭ saints‭,‭ ‭To execute‭‭ judgment‭ upon‭ all‭, and‭ to convince‭‭ all‭ that are ungodly‭ among them‭ of‭ all‭ their‭ ungodly‭ deeds‭ which‭ they have ungodly committed‭‭, and‭ of‭ all‭ their hard‭ ‭speeches‭ which‭ ungodly‭ sinners‭ have spoken‭‭ against‭ him‭.
Jude: 13,14

We will return with Him, because He took us to Himself before!

Back