What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jesus sees, He is not silent, and He is coming soon!

mattfivefour

Admin/Pastor
Staff member
Jesus is most certainly not silent today. What then accounts for the silence in so many churches? Why are most shepherds deaf to the alarms that Jesus is sounding to alert the world of the approaching Tribulation?

Based on my experience, it’s because many of those that tend the Lord’s sheep make these assumptions: (1) Jesus will not dramatically interfere in the affairs of humankind until the very last day of human history, (2) the restoration of a nation to Israel is just a fluke of history, and (3) Jesus will not appear anytime soon.

God’s Word is clear: there will be an extended time of wrath upon the earth, described as the Day of the Lord in passages such as Isaiah 24:1-23, and Jeremiah 30:5-7. The Apostle John wrote about this time in Revelation chapters 6-18. During this time, the Lord will not only judge the world’s wickedness, but also bring a remnant of the Jewish faith to saving faith in their Messiah. Many will turn to the Savior during this time, but the false church and antichrist will kill most that do.

As the time of the Lord’s wrath approaches, He is anything but silent, but very few people are listening.

Read this entire powerful.message from pastor Jonathan Brentner:

Very good article.

It's striking how few expected Him at His birth, and again now how few expect His return to catch away His own. The signs of the times were easily found then and we see the next set of signs now as the Tribulation approaches and the Rapture is before that.
Yep even more astounding was him appearing publicly after his resurrection and there was still a blindness to acknowledge that he is the Son of God

Very good article.

It's striking how few expected Him at His birth, and again now how few expect His return to catch away His own. The signs of the times were easily found then and we see the next set of signs now as the Tribulation approaches and the Rapture is before that.
Yes, the religious leaders at the time knew exactly where Messiah would be born.
They even told Herod of it.
But they couldn't match reality with their theory (theology), and discarded Jesus.

And we see the same happening in our days.
The religious church leaders "know" that in some nebulant far away future, Jesus will return.
But they can't match it with the reality of what's happening all around us.

The Pastors of the two churches I attend, plus the previous churches I attended, even as a small child, have been screaming for my whole life about imminent return, even though that denomination's doctrine says Jesus' soon (imminent) return is Second Coming instead of Rapture. Strangely, I hear more about imminent return in those churches than the preTrib churches. Either way, Jesus is coming back soon, it could be any moment, and we best be ready; hopefully Jesus finds us doing The Lord's work.

Why aren't the pre-Trib Pastors screaming and yelling about how close we are even though they can see and understand the prophetic signs and implications of Scripture with regard to current events?
Why are (at least some of) the amillennial Pastors screaming and yelling so vigorously about Jesus coming soon, but rejecting a literal Tribulation?

Makes no sense (to me) :cry:

Kind of like one group of churches taking some parts of the Bible literally and other parts allegorically, and another group of churches taking the parts of the Bible literally that the other one allegorizes, and allegorizes the parts of the Bible the other group takes literally.

This makes no sense (to me), either :cry: Both groups of churches use the same Bible, yet there are such huge differences in interpretation ecept the essential, core tenets, as found in the Apostle's (or more complexly, Nicene) Creed. This must really boggle the minds of unbelievers.

I figure if I take everything in the Bible simply and literally, like a child, I can't stray too far off, even though it makes talking theology difficult at times.

The Pastors of the two churches I attend, plus the previous churches I attended, even as a small child, have been screaming for my whole life about imminent return, even though that denomination's doctrine says Jesus' soon (imminent) return is Second Coming instead of Rapture. Strangely, I hear more about imminent return in those churches than the preTrib churches. Either way, Jesus is coming back soon, it could be any moment, and we best be ready; hopefully Jesus finds us doing The Lord's work.

Why aren't the pre-Trib Pastors screaming and yelling about how close we are even though they can see and understand the prophetic signs and implications of Scripture with regard to current events?
Why are (at least some of) the amillennial Pastors screaming and yelling so vigorously about Jesus coming soon, but rejecting a literal Tribulation?

Makes no sense (to me) :cry:

Kind of like one group of churches taking some parts of the Bible literally and other parts allegorically, and another group of churches taking the parts of the Bible literally that the other one allegorizes, and allegorizes the parts of the Bible the other group takes literally.

This makes no sense (to me), either :cry: Both groups of churches use the same Bible, yet there are such huge differences in interpretation ecept the essential, core tenets, as found in the Apostle's (or more complexly, Nicene) Creed. This must really boggle the minds of unbelievers.

I figure if I take everything in the Bible simply and literally, like a child, I can't stray too far off, even though it makes talking theology difficult at times.
I am with you on that puzzlement Ghoti!

Best I can figure is that the denomination on the front door sign has little to do with what we find inside. It might be a heartwarming Philadelphia church, or a cold wet slice of Laodicea. I've know of Catholics who are on fire for Christ and Baptists who are definitely in trouble if not unsaved altogether (but God looks on the heart and knows for sure who are His and who have never yet been saved).

I chalk it up to the signs of the times and apostasy is definitely one of those signs. It's EVERYWHERE, but at the same time God plants us here, there and everywhere to be a signpost for others to follow even if they are stuck in what is for all intents and purposes a slice of Laodicea. We can encourage the precious few pastors who still teach the Rapture, and plant seeds in the minds and hearts of believers who've never known of their Blessed Hope.

Strange times.

Going up soon! :rapture:

Back