What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

House Speaker Prays Through Foreign Aid Controversy, Seeking To ‘Operate In Accordance With God’s Principles’

Almost Heaven

Well-known
When House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-Louisiana) was faced with the difficult decision about what to do with the contentious foreign aid bill for Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan, he responded with prayer.

Johnson returned to Washington, D.C., last Monday, and was met with attacks from some of his colleagues, CNN reports. In the midst of his decision making, Johnson has faced sharp criticism and threats to vacate him from his House speaker position.

That Tuesday night, as he wrestled with what the right path forward was, he turned to the Lord in prayer.

“He was torn between trying to save his job and do the right thing,” House Foreign Affairs Chairman Michael McCaul, a GOP colleague from Texas, said. “He prayed over it.”

Wednesday, Johnson was confident in his convictions and moved forward, despite the tumultuous climate on the House floor and the risk to his career.

Read more... House Speaker Prays Through Foreign Aid Controversy, Seeking To ‘Operate In Accordance With God’s Principles’ - Harbingers Daily

To have a leader, although imperfect just as we all are, to model this very thing...... to seek the Lord when not knowing what to do....

Is invaluable! What an example and model to follow!

This is exactly why God allows the rock and hard places situations. To squeeze our hearts and focus upward to Heaven, where the best help and answers are. God and His sovereign wisdom and help.

Surely, as one who's seeking the Lord's will, this man must be under enormous pressures that's well beyond my own understanding, may the Lord lead, help, sustain and guide him.

edited to add:

Love this quote: On Wednesday, Johnson said, “My philosophy is do the right thing and let the chips fall where they may. If I operated out of fear over a motion to vacate, I would never be able to do my job. Look, history judges us for what we do. This is a critical time right now.

If I operate out of fear.....that's something I've realized I have to be very careful of myself. Fear can be a serious trap. And, what I love about God is He can shift things around if there's details not quite right but one is looking to Him in faith for help in doing the right thing.

It's tough to see the money pay out amount in the midst of a high deficit but entailed in this aid package is a hail mary so to speak......Israel is being blessed by America. This is key. In God's economy that opens up abundant blessings to the ones blessing His beloved people.

This is a wall placard statement right here:

“If you’re doing your best, as flawed as you are,” Johnson told Perkins, “to operate in accordance with God’s principles, and to do what is right and good for the people, then God blesses that. And it takes the responsibility, in some measure, off your shoulders. As John Quincy Adams famously said, ‘Duty is ours. Results are God’s.’

Back