What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ezekiel 38:1-39:16 Northern Alliance Invasion of Israel

“Then those who inhabit the cities of Israel will go out and make fires with the weapons and burn them, both shields and bucklers, bows and arrows, war clubs and spears, and for seven years they will make fires of them. They will not take wood from the field or gather firewood from the forests, for they will make fires with the weapons; and they will take the spoil of those who despoiled them and seize the plunder of those who plundered them,” declares the Lord God.

I wonder what happens to make the weapons be reverted to primitive weapons. Why do they need to make fires in the first place? It's pretty explicit it's wood, they're not going to be burning diesel fuel to cook over. I assume for heat and cooking.

I wonder what happens to make the weapons be reverted to primitive weapons. Why do they need to make fires in the first place? It's pretty explicit it's wood, they're not going to be burning diesel fuel to cook over. I assume for heat and cooking.

Maybe they're using uranium or whatever there would be in nukes that didn't detonate. It's certainly a head scratcher...

A fourth objection states: How could Israel apostatize so soon again after the nation has had a revival? But the real problem is why this should even be a problem. This was often true in Old Testament history. There was speedy apostasy of Israel following the various miracles of the Exodus and the recognition of God at Sinai. There was speedy apostasy after the revivals of Hezekiah and Josiah. There was a speedy apostasy at Ninevah after the city repented under Jonah. This has happened before, and there is no problem with it happening again.
This seems a possibility, but I have always believed after God destroys the invaders, the Jews will know His name, but not necessarily the name of Jesus as the Messiah.

Israel is predominantly atheist so finally believing there is a God is a great start, but they will have to believe in Jesus to become saved.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Some may come to recognize Jesus, but I figure most will recognize that God's hand was in saving the nation from the invasion and most of them will quickly forget. It won't be until the very end of Jacob's Trouble that the surviving Jews finally recognize Jesus for their Messiah en masse.

They are a very secular people at this time and very worldly.

I know - it’s weird isn’t it? Back at the other forum, it was mentioned in a thread about a new material they are making weapons out of.
I forget what it was called but it was lightweight and could be burned.
Also Russia has an active duty horse-mounted army unit. Not sure how big it is.

This seems a possibility, but I have always believed after God destroys the invaders, the Jews will know His name, but not necessarily the name of Jesus as the Messiah.

Israel is predominantly atheist so finally believing there is a God is a great start, but they will have to believe in Jesus to become saved.

Thoughts?
Yes, I agree. At first they'll just be wrapping their minds around the possibility that God exists, and that they really are a chosen people. It's going to be a difficult stretch just like it is for Jews today to go from God exists, to God exists, and He sent the Messiah and that person is the one that the Christians worship-- to actually believing in Jesus as the Son of God and their Messiah.

So I can see the purpose of the entire Trib, as being a process, during which one after another of the final believing remnant of the Jews, gets saved. Each prophecy from Ezekiel to Isaiah 17 will be wake up calls.

Back