What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Priest, Worshipers Attacked in Church (In Australia)

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Staff member
Sydney has been shaken by another stabbing attack with a priest and worshippers assailed by a knife-wielding man Monday in a suburban church.

Bishop Mari Emmanuel was preaching a live-streamed sermon at Christ The Good Shepherd Church in the city’s west when a man dressed in black approached the altar and allegedly stabbed the Christian Orthodox priest multiple times.

Horrifying footage of the incident, which was being broadcast live on the church’s YouTube page, shows Bishop Emmanuel look up in astonishment as the attacker suddenly rains down blows on his face and head, news.com.au reports.

I don't agree with this guys beliefs, but to be attacked whilst delivering a sermon is mental !!!

Police have declared a “terrorism act” after a 15-year-old boy stabbed a prominent bishop and priest during a service at a church in Sydney’s south west.

Video, posted on social media, showed Christian leader Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel allegedly being attacked at the Christ The Good Shepherd Church in Wakeley while delivering his sermon about 7.10pm Monday.

After the attack, in the suburb close to Cabramatta, a furious mob of around 2000 people swarmed near the church with riots breaking out and police struggling to maintain order.

No denominations in The Church Triumphant in Heaven, which is perfect.
All churches and denominations here on Earth are flawed in some way.

The traditional office of Church Janitor . . . :tap:

Attacks against Christian churches, clergy, ministries, organizations, and believers have been increasing and will likely continue to get worse and worse :cry:

:pray: :pray: :amen: :amen: :thankyou: :thankyou:

I have to commend this priest attitude, look what message he sent to his attacker whilst he was in hospital :

“I say to him, you’re my son, I love you. And I will always pray for you,” he said in an audio message shared to the Church’s social media.

“And whoever sent you to do this, I forgive them as well. In Jesus mighty name. I have nothing in my heart but love for everyone.

“Whether that person is a Christian or not, it’s totally beside the point. The Lord Jesus always taught us to love one another…

“And for this young man, I say to you, you’re my son, and you will always be, my praise my the Lord Jesus.”

Back