What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chief Rabbi of Genoa, Italy attacked with screwdriver

Almost Heaven

Well-known
Rabbi Haim Fabrizio Cipriani, 52, on Monday was threatened with a screwdriver by a homeless man who screamed antisemitic insults. Among other things, the attacker, who was promptly arrested, yelled: "Go away, you dirty Zionist, otherwise I’ll open the door for you."

"I am very shocked, but I am not surprised," Rabbi Cipriani told The Republic, citing an increase in antisemitic attack globally after the start of Israel's war against Hamas, "As a Jew, I know that these situations can occur."

"It’s not unusual to have spikes of antisemitic incidents – for instance, around Holocaust Remembrance Day or when a Jewish public figure speaks, but this level of overt antisemitism is both alarming and new," he said.

From what I am reading Europe is dealing with a great deal of antisemitism. @Kaatje what are you seeing? I would love to hear what you are seeing or reading we may not have access to.
Here in the Netherlands I don't see an uptick in anti-semitism. Not yet, anyway.
Most what I see is a shifting balance of opinion regarding the fighting in Israel.
Where at first the sympathy went to Israel, the tide is turning towards the poor people of Gaza.
They have a right to defend themselves against the agressive Jews, you know?

How quickly people forgot how Hamas started this mess, with unheared off evil deeds.
Last month, PM Mark Rutte flew to Israel to show our country's full support to Netanyahu.
But last night the Netherlands abstained in the UN vote re the resolution that Israel give up the Golan.
No more "full support" there.

How easy the winds change...

I'm thinking a lot about this Bibleverse:

Who ‭are‭ these ‭that‭ fly‭‭ as a cloud‭, and as the ‭doves‭‭ to their windows‭?‭
Isa. 60:8

This prophecy was fulfilled in 1948, of course, but so many of the Jews were happy living their lives elswhere.
Is now the time for the remnant of the Jews to return home?

They come like doves. - voluntarily - like the soldiers from all over the world that joined the IDF to fight.
They come like clouds - through pressure - even if Israel is in war, it is safer for them than the goyim nations.

Back