What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ask Roger: What Do We Really Know About Angels?

I was leaving a Bible study, and was at the stoplight. The road I was about to cross was a highway. My friend from the Bible study was in her car behind me.
I was 25 years old at the time, and was in the bad habit of stomping on the gas as soon as the light turned green. But this time, I apparently did not.
The light turned green and I started to go...and just as the nose of my car went into the intersection, RRRROOOOAAAARRRR....a huge, heavy car (big long 1970's boxy thing), going at least 70 MPH, ran his red light....directed toward the driver's side of my little Toyota. He flew by about 3 feet past my front bumper.
I got out of the car, and ran to my friend who had already jumped out of her car. We were both in shock.
She said, "Andi! It's like you were in slow motion!!!......I kept thinking, "why is she going so slow???"

Have you ever wondered about guardian angels?
I'm sure I have one, and sometimes he has to work hard and even do overtime.
My driving skills are not that superb, so I needed the help many times, to avoid disaster.

I've sometimes felt it appropriate to thank the servant just as I might thank a person for holding a door open for me.
That is a great way to look at it!

The best way to thank the angels for giving their help/support, is to give thanks to God, Who sent them.
Because the angels themselves live to give glory to God, and exalt His Holy Name.

There shall no evil‭ befall‭‭ thee, neither shall any plague‭ come nigh‭‭ thy dwelling‭.‭
‭For he shall give his angels‭ charge‭‭ over thee, to keep‭‭ thee in all thy ways‭.‭
‭They shall bear thee up‭‭ in ‭their‭ hands‭, lest thou dash‭‭ thy foot‭ against a stone‭.‭

Psalms 92:10-12

t didn’t even occur to me to thank the angel after I was almost T-boned. I immediately said “Thank You Lord” or “Thank You Jesus,” —-can’t remember which.

We had a similar experience when working in the city. We (hubby was driving) hesitated at an intersection when the light turned green, as did the driver directly across from us. Before either of our cars moved a huge tractor trailer blasted through its red light speeding so fast. We exchanged stunned glances with the other driver and then both cautiously went on our way.

The nice part, which almost never happens, a few blocks down the road we caught up with the truck , who had been pulled over by a police officer. :nod:

Back