What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

“Others” by Jack Hyles

From the article:

"Lord, let me live from day to day
In such a self-forgetful way
That even when I kneel to pray,
My prayer shall be for others.
Others, Lord, yes, others;
Let this my motto be.
Help me to live for others
That I may live like Thee."
Is there a more beautiful prayer than this?

I LOVE the whole original concept of the Salvation Army. The uniforms and everything. My husband and I went to a a church service a few years back. The worship was so reverent—very honoring to God. Really different style- lots of horns—almost like an Army band playing for the Top General. Really cool. I almost wanted to join.
Then the sermon. It was about how it’s our Biblical responsibility to care for the earth!! With allusions to global warming thrown in. Complete with a slide show. I realized that they have been sold out to the government. Their message and purpose is now corrupted. That’s what happens when a ministry takes government money.
So sad!!!!!!

Then the sermon. It was about how it’s our Biblical responsibility to care for the earth!! With allusions to global warming thrown in. Complete with a slide show. I realized that they have been sold out to the government. Their message and purpose is now corrupted. That’s what happens when a ministry takes government money.
So sad!!!!!!
Bingo. It's why one of my fellow ministers and his wife broke out of the SA. It's humanism dressed up as Christianity. Their social action is laudable, but it seems there is no scriptural gospel there. A far cry from William Booth's vision.

I was about to say, I’m with you and then I went to see who posted this and I find out it was me.
Isn't street ministry lawful in the good ole USA? Tent meetings would be fun. Of course, you'd have scam artists running most of the tent meetings probabably.

The SA ceased their operations, ie tent meetings and street evangelism, so that probably meanings it all was against Mam’s law. Although, I have seen video of college students do it on campus’s.

When dining in a restaurant I spotted two SA officers at a table, I when over to speak with them. I told them that I honored William Booth SA’s founder and I said that I was proud of them.

Back