What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The power of faith

1LoverofGod

Well-known
***This testimony is not mine. It's from one of the surviving hostages that Hamas released.
It's such a powerful testimony of faith that I had to post it here.
Be blessed.....

A short interview with one of the women who miraculously survived the atrocities.

Flora (“Perach”), in her 70s, lives in Kibbutz Be’eri near the Gaza border.
Her incredible story left a huge impression on me, regarding the power of faith and the ability to be grateful, even in moments when all hell has broken loose around us.

Early that fateful morning of October 7, the rocket siren made her jump out of the armchair in which she had been dozing most of the night.
Due to years of rocket fire from nearby Gaza, such an alarm is a fairly routine occurrence where she lives; and thus she ran out of habit toward her home’s reinforced concrete bomb shelter room. (It is important to mention that she has 15 seconds to reach her bomb shelter from the moment of the alarm before a rocket’s trajectory could make it land on her house. Usually rocket barrages last a matter of minutes.)

She endlessly thanks the Holy One, blessed be He, who, according to her, guided her path all the time. The first little miracle she had in this event was the bottle of water that was next to her which she picked up as she ran into the bomb shelter. A second before she closed the door she still had time to enter the bedroom next to the bomb shelter room and pull a thick blanket inside with her.....

Read further

***This testimony is not mine. It's from one of the surviving hostages that Hamas released.
It's such a powerful testimony of faith that I had to post it here.
Be blessed.....

A short interview with one of the women who miraculously survived the atrocities.

Flash90
Flora (“Perach”), in her 70s, lives in Kibbutz Be’eri near the Gaza border.
Her incredible story left a huge impression on me, regarding the power of faith and the ability to be grateful, even in moments when all hell has broken loose around us.

Early that fateful morning of October 7, the rocket siren made her jump out of the armchair in which she had been dozing most of the night.
Due to years of rocket fire from nearby Gaza, such an alarm is a fairly routine occurrence where she lives; and thus she ran out of habit toward her home’s reinforced concrete bomb shelter room. (It is important to mention that she has 15 seconds to reach her bomb shelter from the moment of the alarm before a rocket’s trajectory could make it land on her house. Usually rocket barrages last a matter of minutes.)

She endlessly thanks the Holy One, blessed be He, who, according to her, guided her path all the time. The first little miracle she had in this event was the bottle of water that was next to her which she picked up as she ran into the bomb shelter. A second before she closed the door she still had time to enter the bedroom next to the bomb shelter room and pull a thick blanket inside with her.....

Read further

Great story of her survival

I do wonder if she believes in Jesus, as His name was not mentioned in the article. Lots of Israelis believe in God, but they also do not believe Jesus is God.

I saw on one of the youtube coverage channels the other day a story of a soldier issued a broken rifle that worked in combat, but would not work later at the range. Apparently the internal parts were all messed up and had to be replaced. I assume the story is true, but one never knows these days, all kinds of tales.

There is an article about it here:

I guess a skeptic could say well, the rifle worked, but broke in combat, dropped, operator error, bad ammo, etc.

But then there is the God of Israel. I'd have loved to been there when they serviced that rifle and removed the internals.

I saw on one of the youtube coverage channels the other day a story of a soldier issued a broken rifle that worked in combat, but would not work later at the range. Apparently the internal parts were all messed up and had to be replaced. I assume the story is true, but one never knows these days, all kinds of tales.

There is an article about it here:

I guess a skeptic could say well, the rifle worked, but broke in combat, dropped, operator error, bad ammo, etc.

But then there is the God of Israel. I'd have loved to been there when they serviced that rifle and removed the internals.
God does still do miracles today, even as He has kept His people Israel under His Divine protection.

I've heard stories of this kind of thing and one example was during Israel's six day war.

This is a good read.....

Back