What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Renouncing your will for God’s will.

People are always looking for the magic formula that will get them what they want. There isn't one. God is not a genie. He is the Lord GOD Almighty! There are principles, however, that we can learn that help us walk in sync with God. Good teachers help us see these principles. But our motive always has to be to honor God and become better equipped to help others; never to build up or own comforts and consume more things upon our own desires.

“How to get what you pray for.” -Derek Prince

Something about that title rubs me the wrong way. I don't know anything about Derek Prince but from a quick perusal of him on the internet I'm not enticed to learn more...

Derek Prince is a teacher/preacher of sound biblical doctrine and I know that he is not teaching how to heap things upon your lust.

Well, Ronnie, I would respectfully have to disagree that all of Derek Prince's doctrine was sound. He taught much that was very good. But he also taught that demons can dwell in Christians alongside the Holy Spirit. That it was a question of legal rights, and that unconfessed sin gave the demons legal rights to live inside a Christian. This is not sound doctrine, brother.

Well, Ronnie, I would respectfully have to disagree that all of Derek Prince's doctrine was sound. He taught much that was very good. But he also taught that demons can dwell in Christians alongside the Holy Spirit. That it was a question of legal rights, and that unconfessed sin gave the demons legal rights to live inside a Christian. This is not sound doctrine, brother.
Yes, he is not sound at all, and one to be avoided. There are many preachers/teachers out there who can give a solid message. However, when looking at the overall beliefs of these false teachers, its clear they only provide lip service to the true gospel for a brief time.

Back