What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peaceful Pro-Lifers Sentenced to Years in Prison Thanks to Biden DOJ

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Staff member
The Biden Department of Justice (DOJ) has been heavily politicized and weaponized, and not just with regards to former and potentially future President Donald Trump. This especially applies to peaceful and prayerful pro-lifers. On Tuesday, Lauren Handy, 30 was sentenced to 57 months of prison time. John Hinshaw, a 69-year-old grandfather, was sentenced to 21 months. Both were found guilty last year of violating the Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances (FACE) Act, with Mia highlighting shocking bias in the case.

As Live Action News explained, the convicted pro-lifers "have been imprisoned since their convictions on August 29, 2023, when they were found guilty of conspiring to violate civil rights and blocking access to notorious abortionist Cesare Santangelo’s Washington, D.C., abortion business in October of 2020."

Townhall has covered Santangelo's disturbing practices before, which involve aborting pregnancies later in pregnancy where the child is viable. There's also concerns that he may have violated the Born Alive Infants Protection Act and Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act. Undercover investigations also found that Santangelo's office required women to be drugged with Xanax before speaking to the abortionist. Washington, D.C., however, has turned a blind eye to such disturbing evidence.

Our Dept of Injustice...

Our Dept of Injustice...
Something I learned during my years in journalism, prior to entering the ministry, was that we do not have a justice system. That is a misnomer. We have a legal system. It is the practice of law, not justice. Should justice result, it is a byproduct. What counts in a courtroom is not what is common sense or just or fair; it is merely the application of the law. And that application can be twisted in many ways, which is what lawyers actually do for a living: find ways to play with the wording of the law to accomplish the purpose for which they were hired.

Some of these passages have applicable wisdom:

When you are on the way to court with your accuser, try to settle the matter before you get there. Otherwise, your accuser may drag you before the judge, who will hand you over to an officer, who will throw you into prison. And if that happens, you won’t be free again until you have paid the very last penny.”

Luke 12:58-59

Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. But beware of men, for they will deliver you up to councils and scourge you in their synagogues. You will be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles.

Matthew 10:16-18

Back