What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Osteen soft pedals sin.

If it’s any consolation to anyone, I do believe the man is a nice guy and truly means well!
He himself is deceived by the prosperity, feel-good, best-life-now “gospel.” And wants to better people’s lives by sharing it. (And, make a ton of money in the process, buying grotesque homes and other goodies for himself because hey- blessings and favor and all that.)

My unsaved mom likes Joel and watches him once in a while. His words are like cotton Candy.
He gives me the creeps and so does the size of his so-called church.

That said, I personally don’t care at all for the evangelism methods where you walk up to a person and tell them or convince them of what a sinner they are. I believe in sharing the good news and those who are ripe will become convicted of their Sin nature by the Holy Spirit as the revelation of the cross and who Jesus really is reaches their heart.
To me, the bigger and better message is that the person is separated from God because of unbelief and the Sin nature. Not because of any certain sin they have done.
Now, that said…this society of moral bankruptcy we now live in has completely lost any sense of God or any higher power even.
So we do need to take a stand for what we see is sin and not keep our mouths shut about it.
I play it by ear.
Usually, my shirt and cucifix do the talking, and I get out of the way and let God (The Holy Ghost).
I've seen some truly awesome and miraculous things happen, even right under the very nose of satan :big grin; :lol:
Sometimes I don't realize it because I forget what I'm wearing, even though it's every day :lol:
Funny, yesterday, I had a Christian get a little ugly with me and I wasn't sure what to say to be loving and tactful, and today's sermon was on Romans 14 :lol: Pastor had some interesting things to say :) Even when we don't think to ask, God always gives us what we need :)\

:bliss: :hyper: :bouncies: :hyper: :bliss:

I find Joel's gospel despicable. You can judge the fruit of his church and following. He is a motivational speaker at best, heretic at worst. He attracts people by making them feel good and telling them what they want to hear (2 Timothy 4:3). You can watch/listen to him on many major networks where he avoids talking about Jesus being the only way to heaven, mankind being sinners, the judgement of hell, etc. so he will not be controversial and can stay friends with the world (James 4:4). Jesus' own words condemn him when he talks about how difficult it is for a rich man to enter heaven (Matthew 19:23-24). What does it profit a man to gain the whole world but lose his own soul (Mark 8:36)?

Thank you! 😍

I tend to not ask for prayer as others needs are much greater than mine, but I guess I should as God is all powerful and can help me along with everyone else. I am told that it is a common and very successful operation, as long as they don't find any other issues. My primary concern is them finding another issue during the operation. I guess that is primarily what I would ask you to pray about. 🙏

Thanks again!!!
👍
Praying your surgery today is 100 percent successful and no other problems are detected.

:pray::pray::pray:

Now I say this to anyone who thinks the gospel message can be presented in many ways. Even if that was true for us laypeople (which I don’t believe it is true anyway, because we are all ambassadors for Christ and a kingdom of priests, given the assignment by Christ Himself to preach the GOSPEL.)
Look at his church. It is in a stadium! In that stadium alone, this skilled, golden-tongued WOLF preaches to 45,000 people PER WEEK. He has his TV show. He has his social media.
Think of his reach. Think of his influence. Think of his responsibility!!!
Think of the many people who would receive and believe the true gospel of Christ, if only Joel would preach it, because they admire and adore him.
Now think of those swarms of deceived humanity being thrown over the edge of the Lake of Fire!!!!!

Brother, I'm praying now for your operation tomorrow. I am asking our heavenly Father that He would cause the operation to be entirely successful, with no side effects, a minimum of pain, and a rapid recovery. And I am asking in the precious name of Jesus, our Savior.

I'll keep you in my prayers, precious brother. Please let me know when you have recovered.
The surgery went well and I am at home now. This is the same doctor who repaired my hernia about 9 months ago. He used the same robotic process to remove my Gallbladder yesterday. After the hernia surgery I had no pain to speak of, so I thought it would be basically the same with the Gallbladder operation. Nope, the pain medication did not even ease the pain. Finally I was not supposed to, but I took 2 extra strength Tylenol along with the prescribed pain medication and I felt better. Today I am still in pain but more like a soreness, like I had a fight with Mike Tyson. I am trying to survive with just taking the extra strength Tylenol though, because the prescribed medicine can cause constipation which I really don't want to have. 😲

So I guess things are going OK. Hopefully most of the pain will subside tomorrow. I guess you could pray for that as I hate pain! While you are praying could you ask God to hurry up with the Rapture? I have health issues, money issues and worst of all people issue! I am through with this world! 😞

The surgery went well and I am at home now. This is the same doctor who repaired my hernia about 9 months ago. He used the same robotic process to remove my Gallbladder yesterday. After the hernia surgery I had no pain to speak of, so I thought it would be basically the same with the Gallbladder operation. Nope, the pain medication did not even ease the pain. Finally I was not supposed to, but I took 2 extra strength Tylenol along with the prescribed pain medication and I felt better. Today I am still in pain but more like a soreness, like I had a fight with Mike Tyson. I am trying to survive with just taking the extra strength Tylenol though, because the prescribed medicine can cause constipation which I really don't want to have. 😲

So I guess things are going OK. Hopefully most of the pain will subside tomorrow. I guess you could pray for that as I hate pain! While you are praying could you ask God to hurry up with the Rapture? I have health issues, money issues and worst of all people issue! I am through with this world! 😞
Glad it went well, and prayers the pain goes away, and you dont have to face Mike Tyson in round 2.

Thank you for letting me know how your operation went. I'm so sorry you're experiencing such pain, but at least it will be transient: you will soon feel completely better. Brother, we are all hoping for the Rapture to come quickly; but God has us still here for a purpose. And we need to keep our focus fixed on that. I love you in Christ, my precious brother. I think we all do here. And I know our God will give you the strength to continue on until Jesus does come and take us home. :hug:

And yes, I know that it’s a weird chemical. But, this is no time to worry about chemicals. 😆 Seriously. Just get some. There are children and even doctors who have taken it daily for years. (The powder - mix well into water)
(Legal disclaimer : The above is not professional medical advice. Consult with your doctor)

:pray: :pray: :amen: :amen: :thankyou: :thankyou:

Back