What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In-Depth: Female Presbyterian ‘Pastrix’ Reinterprets Scripture, Claims God Lied to Adam and Eve

1LoverofGod

Well-known
“God is not man, that he should lie” (Numbers 23:19). This eternal truth of Scripture regarding the character of our holy God stands in sharp contrast to the blasphemous words of a Presbyterian (PCUSA) “pastrix” (yes, apparently that’s a word), professor, and author—Rebecca Todd Peters, who recently preached a sermon applying the lens of feminist theology to Genesis 3.

Before we get into what Peters said, I first want to [point to] the relevant passages of Genesis 2:16–17 and Genesis 3:1–7 so it is fresh in our minds. With that context in mind, let’s dive into Peters’ message.

Reinterpreting Scripture​

During the nearly-four-minute clip of her message that was widely shared on social media, Peters explains her hermeneutic for reading the Bible.

Feminist theology has taught me how to reinterpret Scripture in ways that are healing and life-giving, and I refuse to allow conservative Christians or anyone else to take my God away from me.

As a feminist theologian, one of the things that gives me joy is reinterpreting texts that have been used to hurt or control people. Because the God that I know is full of light and life—because the God that I know holds me in my grief and walks with me in my pain, I know that the sacred Word of God is not a weapon nor should it ever be used to harm or shame people.

Her ultimate authority is not the Word of God—and she’s up-front about that! Her authority is herself and other “feminist theologians.” Really, she’s falling for the same old lie that Adam and Eve fell for: “Did God actually say . . . ?” and “You will be like God!” That’s what it means to reinterpret the Bible’s clear teachings in light of the fallible (and foolish) thinking of our day—it means putting yourself in authority over God and his Word. And the result is always a god in your own image (notice her wording: “my God” and “the God that I know”). She is confirming our sin nature as summed up in Genesis 3:1 and Genesis 3:5.

More

Very cult like ramblings...also a sign of the times...

2Timothy 4:3
For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.
Yes, that time is now, people needing to hear words preached that make them feel good about their troubled self, and not inclined to hear the True Word from God.

There is a reason why Pastors and teachers will be judged more harshly: when errors are preached or taught, they lead others astray or completely keep the truth from people. Profound implications for the eternal destination of those they influence.

1 Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness.
James 3:1, ESV

1 My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
James 3:1, KJV

It's a sickening sign of the end of the Church Age. Laodicea leaves Christ outside, knocking to be let in, while inside the members gladly listen to anything that makes them feel rich, worthy, in need of nothing, self satisfied. Anything but the gospel which brings conviction, repentance and salvation.

Back