What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How To Watch a You Tube sermon or interview in 1/10 the time or even less

Margery

Well-known
My secret weapon is my cell phone. When I view YouTube on my iPhone or my iPad, I can access the written transcript on most YT videos. It's just voice to text so there are some errors. It takes time to generate so it's not always available for the first few hours or if it's a live broadcast.

This is for when you are catching up and 40 gazillion of your favourite preachers all launch interesting topics at once and you need to figure out who has a catchy title and not much else and who is actually worth listening to.

I can speed thru the transcript blasting past the "umms", "you know" and other conversational filler and fluff to get to the meat if any.

I click on the time stamps beside the sentences I'm interested in and it takes me right there to actually hear the important bits. Then I carry on blasting thru the trivia till the next point of interest.

Sadly not all videos use this feature (maybe the algorithm doesn't want people doing exactly what I just described) but for those preachers who allow a written transcript it really really helps to zero in on the videos worth watching, and condense the viewing down even further.

It occurred to me when explaining the content of a certain YT preacher (given to rambling) that not everyone might know this tip and it might help others.

So here you are.

Back