What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great Classic Preacher's!

Ronnie

Charter Member

"A Great American Preacher" -life of RA Torrey.​

At the age of fifteen he entered Yale University, and having no spiritual life, easily fell into the ways of sin, associating with a fast set, and becoming reckless, even while continuing constant in attendance at church and prayer-meeting, as well as the reading of the Bible and daily prayer! In all this he found, of course, no true happiness, and, indeed, confessed that, “during his junior years, life became an utter burden, of which he wanted to be relieved, until, in sheer desperation, one night he rose from bed, and told God that if He would give relief he would preach the Gospel, should He so bid him.”

This open confession he made in the last term of his senior college year. Entering Yale Theological Seminary, he fell away for a time, and professed to be a sceptic, but by the goodness of God was brought out of darkness into the light of life, through the study of Christian evidences.

Read More:

Link: Twice-born men. Conversions of Godly men.

Last edited:
[I just have to post this one!]

The conversion of MAJOR WHITTLE

“I dropped upon my knees and held the boy’s hand in mine, as in a few broken words I confessed my sins, and asked God for Christ’s sake to forgive me. I believed right there that He did forgive me, and that I was Christ’s child. I then prayed earnestly for the boy. He became quiet, and pressed my hand as I pleaded the promises. When I arose from my knees he was dead. A look of peace was upon his face, and I can but believe that God, who used him to bring me to my Saviour, used me to get his attention fixed upon Christ and to lead him to trust in His precious blood. I hope to meet him in Heaven.

More:

Last edited:
T. Austin-Sparks is a classic preacher/author that I highly recommend, the link below is to resources of his.

Resources:

I have, in my procession, a book by T. Austin-Sparks entitled, "THE SCHOOL OF CHRIST". When I was advised by someone to read it, I was instructed that I would have to read it three times before I would begin to understand and receive it's revelations and truth.

I think that I will get it out and read it 3 times, it's a small book.

Here it is online.

The School of Christ.

Back