What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Forum Website Question (Group Theory)

Ghoti Ichthus

Genesis 18:32, 2 Chronicles 7:14, Acts 5:29
Looking at group theory, especially development and ebb and flow over time.

Just wondering if forum websites, such as Rapture Ready (RR), Rapture Forums (RF), Christian Community Forum (CCF), etc. develop in the same way as other groups? Is the curve similar or the same as researchers have found for regular in-person groups, or is it very different?

Rapture Ready, the grand daddy, had the articles part of the site which helped to attract many to the forums section.

When some major scary event would occur in the world, membership and activity in the forums would explode for a time before settling back down.

Today, with search engines possibly hiding/minimizing exposure to sites the world finds undesirable, it may be more difficult for prospective members to find newer sites related to true Christianity like Christian Community Forum as well as some other categories of sites that might not be in favor with the power(s) that be.

Sometimes, I can't even get to my church or denomination's websites without going around ISP censorship :mad:
I'll be happy when I have a different ISP :)

I wonder how much censorship, even when it's relatively minimal, affects online forums and skews patterns from group theory.
Aside from actual shut-down, I wonder if there are differences between mild or intermittent censorship effects on new websites like Christian Community Forum, and older, more established websites like Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums.

Back