What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallant: IDF withdrawal from Khan Yunis in preparation for Rafah operation

Defense Minister Yoav Gallant said on Sunday that the IDF withdrew from Khan Yunis after Hamas ceased to function in the area, adding that the troops left in preparation for a coming Rafah operation.

While speaking at the IDF's Southern Command base, he stated, "The withdrawal of the troops from Khan Yunis was carried out after Hamas ceased to function as a military organization in the city, the forces left to prepare for the operation in Rafah."

The defense minister said this in light of a situational assessment held at the IDF's Southern Command with the Director General of the Defense Ministry, Major General (res.) Eyal Zamir, commander Major General Yaron Finkelman, and other staff officers.

Gallant assesses IDF capabilities​

In the assessment, the defense minister was presented with the main points and objectives of the operational activity in Khan Yunis and Shifa Hospital area, as well as operational preparations for the disbandment of Hamas's Rafah Brigade, which would complete the IDF's mission of disbanding the terror organization.

More

I hope Im wrong, but Im sensing a shift in their military actions. Perhaps the world pressure has gotten to BiBi, but I certainly hope he stays strong in leadership.

If Iran does not directly attack Israel by launching missiles from within Iran, the fighting could be over sooner than we all believed.

I hope Im wrong, but Im sensing a shift in their military actions. Perhaps the world pressure has gotten to BiBi, but I certainly hope he stays strong in leadership.

If Iran does not directly attack Israel by launching missiles from within Iran, the fighting could be over sooner than we all believed.
I heard Britt Gillette say that Iran may get their revenge by attacking ships in the Persian gulf, especially Israeli ships.

If this turns out to be correct, then the world economy will take one giant leap to being up the duff cause everything will go up again in prices.

I heard Britt Gillette say that Iran may get their revenge by attacking ships in the Persian gulf, especially Israeli ships.

If this turns out to be correct, then the world economy will take one giant leap to being up the duff cause everything will go up again in prices.
Throughout this war in Gaza I've been watching for the Lord's sudden intervention that would show the world that He cares over Israel by quashing Hamas. Maybe the world economy getting squeezed is going to happen first.

Throughout this war in Gaza I've been watching for the Lord's sudden intervention that would show the world that He cares over Israel by quashing Hamas. Maybe the world economy getting squeezed is going to happen first.
Yeah it's a double pronged attack , the houthis disrupting the shipping lanes of the Red sea and Iran most likely through their other proxies disrupting the Persian gulf

Defense Minister Yoav Gallant said on Sunday that the IDF withdrew from Khan Yunis after Hamas ceased to function in the area, adding that the troops left in preparation for a coming Rafah operation.

While speaking at the IDF's Southern Command base, he stated, "The withdrawal of the troops from Khan Yunis was carried out after Hamas ceased to function as a military organization in the city, the forces left to prepare for the operation in Rafah."

The defense minister said this in light of a situational assessment held at the IDF's Southern Command with the Director General of the Defense Ministry, Major General (res.) Eyal Zamir, commander Major General Yaron Finkelman, and other staff officers.

Gallant assesses IDF capabilities​

In the assessment, the defense minister was presented with the main points and objectives of the operational activity in Khan Yunis and Shifa Hospital area, as well as operational preparations for the disbandment of Hamas's Rafah Brigade, which would complete the IDF's mission of disbanding the terror organization.

More

As mighty as the Israeli military is, it is seriously outnumbered by enemies. There are times deployment of forces and assets has to be triaged and prioritized based on target, mission, and overall strategic situation.

Unfortunately, due to delays in starting Rafah mission, the number of civilians, and the terrorists hidden among and sheltered by them, there's going to be a lot of unavoidable bloodshed, which the world will most certainly condemn Israel for. The world won't remember or care that it was the terrorists and their allies that attacked Israeli civilians on October 7th, nor will it remember or care that it is the world's pressuring and sanctioning Israel that partly caused the delays. :tap:

:pray: :pray: :amen: :amen: :thankyou: :thankyou:

As mighty as the Israeli military is, it is seriously outnumbered by enemies. There are times deployment of forces and assets has to be triaged and prioritized based on target, mission, and overall strategic situation.

Unfortunately, due to delays in starting Rafah mission, the number of civilians, and the terrorists hidden among and sheltered by them, there's going to be a lot of unavoidable bloodshed, which the world will most certainly condemn Israel for. The world won't remember or care that it was the terrorists and their allies that attacked Israeli civilians on October 7th, nor will it remember or care that it is the world's pressuring and sanctioning Israel that partly caused the delays. :tap:

:pray: :pray: :amen: :amen: :thankyou: :thankyou:
I think this is the first time that i can recall that pretty much every world leader is criticizin Israel

I think this is the first time that i can recall that pretty much every world leader is criticizin Israel
It happened during previous wars when Israel was successfully defending against muslim/Arab invasion/aggression. Only US and UK supported when the chips were really down, and even then, there were times support wasn't absolute . . .

1967 and more recently, intifada, come to mind.

there were times support wasn't absolute . . .
That's true, I'd say support for Israel has never been absolute (thinking back to King Cyrus maybe?).

I agree. This is the first time.

Are we here? Zech 12:2 “Behold, I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that causes reeling to all the peoples around; and when the siege is against Jerusalem, it will also be against Judah."

Are we here? Zech 12:2 “Behold, I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that causes reeling to all the peoples around; and when the siege is against Jerusalem, it will also be against Judah."

Just a minute . . .

1 The burden of the word of the Lord for Israel, saith the Lord, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.
2 Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.
3 And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

4 In that day, saith the Lord, I will smite every horse with astonishment, and his rider with madness: and I will open mine eyes upon the house of Judah, and will smite every horse of the people with blindness.
5 And the governors of Judah shall say in their heart, The inhabitants of Jerusalem shall be my strength in the Lord of hosts their God.
6 In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem.
7 The Lord also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah.
8 In that day shall the Lord defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the Lord before them.
9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
11 In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.
12 And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart;
13 The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimei apart, and their wives apart;
14 All the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart.

:pray: :pray: :amen: :amen: :pray: :pray:

He does have family in the IDF and connections with IDF military personnel, but I imagine he wouldn't advertise anything that IDF isn't trying to keep quiet.
US military is in the habit of advertising what they plan on doing too. Idk why they do that 🤷
Let whomever will, get out of the way. Being a civilian in a war zone is not good. Even if the military in the area one happens to be in doesn't abuse the civilians, etc. Profiteers and partisans know what they're getting into and have made a decision to take the risks. Unfortunately, not all have the means to leave, or are prevented by circumstances/TPTB from doing so

Back