What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Despite Requests by Benny Hinn, YouTube Refuses to Remove Documentary Exposing Hinn’s Alleged Deception

Excerpted from article:

On April 15, the copyright team at YouTube emailed video producer Mike Winger that his recent documentary, which included video clips of Hinn, would remain on the platform. The message noted that Hinn’s ministry had asked YouTube to take down the video, citing “copyright infringement.” But YouTube had denied the request twice, including after an appeal.....

....Winger, a Calvary Chapel-trained pastor, told The Roys Report (TRR) he is “shocked and very happy” that YouTube backed up his fair use of Hinn video clips in Winger’s four-hour documentary....

.... The lengthy video, posted April 1 on Winger’s channel, covers Hinn’s alleged false healing, false doctrine, failed prophecies, false repentance, and deceptive fundraising tactics. At press time, the video has 735,000 views....

....Winger added: “Hinn is abusing biblical teaching in order to manipulate people to give money to his ministry, while making promises in the name of God that God doesn’t make.”....

Read complete article:

Thanks for posting this 1LoverofGod :thankyou:

I love Mike Winger's work and have supported him since he tippy toed into his ministry on YouTube. One thing I especially love about him is how transparent he is. When he announced that YouTube had backed him up over the Hinn fight, he was visibly relieved from being fearful in getting threatened by the huge Binn machine.

He did that same vulnerable deep dive when he began his full time YouTube Bible teaching.

I'd watched him when he was a youth pastor at a Calvary Chapel. He'd post the classes he taught at his church, but his church decided to let him go. He stepped out in faith to go full time YouTube, and was very visibly shaken. Of course I prayed for & donated to him, but if you watch him now you'll notice he never asks for donations because he is so blessed financially.

His times of walking in faith when things look bad are so fragile, real, authentic, and encouraging as God gets him through it :cheer:

I watched that episode, and the followup. Mike Winger is GOOD! And he is absolutely right. So glad YT backed him on this one. Mike had a little comment up in the community section of YT only available on Apple iPhones I think, and he had the stats up on the way Benny has been pulling stuff down off his YT channel, because Mike is obviously striking a nerve and Benny seems to think if he pulls old videos proving what a piece of work he is, that he could possibly sue Mike because they are "private" all of a sudden. Only they've been up in public on a public platform for years now.

Mike Winger has the right to use clips from those videos under the Fair Use law:

Fair use for teaching and research​

Fair use allows reproduction and other uses of copyrighted works – without requiring permission from the copyright owner – under certain conditions. In many cases, you can use copyrighted materials for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship or research.

More on the Fair Use Law:

This isn’t the first time Benny has been exposed. His own relative (a Christian. His nephew?) wrote a book about him and what a sheister he is. Unfortunately I don’t expect this to have much effect on his followers. He will just blame it on an attack from the devil as he usually does and they won’t watch it.

Back