What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could Christian Nationalism be Gaslighting Christians? What Does ret Gen. Michael Flynn Believe

Growing in Grace

Well-known
Mods, I wasn't sure where to post this??

This kind of related youtube is from James Lindsay and Michael O'Fallon: Critical Race Praxis | The Great Gaslight, Ep. 1 | James Lindsay & Michael O'Fallon

But it's this article is by O'Falllon that I read this morning and I was shocked. As I researched O'Fallon on X, I learned that he effectively blames the Reformed (Calvinist) Gospel Coalition for pushing this agenda (not surprising). Anyhow here's the gist of O'Fallon's concerns:

"In the United States, Mike Flynn is the most well-known and politically influential Christian Nationalist.

During a recent gathering at John Hague's church, General Mike Flynn declared to a conservative audience at a ReAwaken event:

"If we want to have a nation under God, as we must, we need to have one religion. A nation under God and a religion under God, right? All of us working together."

Which religion is Mike Flynn referring to? Who is responsible for this "one religion?" Who will determine the doctrinal positions and what is considered against the accepted teachings of this "one religion?" Are there any consequences for not adhering to the pronouncements of this religion?

Mike Flynn did not state, "We hope to regain this nation's devotion to God by spreading peace, grace, and love through the teachings of the Gospel of Jesus Christ."

No.

Mike Flynn claimed that we must have one religion under God in the United States.

However, Mike Flynn never specifies which religion he is referring to in his ambiguous statement.

What religion is Mike Flynn alluding to?

During another stop on the ReAwaken America tour, Mike Flynn led thousands of unsuspecting men and women ina prayer led by Elizabeth Clare Prophet, a Theosophical, Gnostic, Hermetic Priestess.

Elizabeth Clare Prophet prayed:

"I am the instrument of those sevenfold rays and archangels! And I will not back down. I will take my stand. I will not be afraid to speak. I will serve as God's instrument, regardless of his will. Here I am, with God's help! In the name of Archangel Michael and his legions, I am born free and will remain free. I will not be enslaved by any enemy, both within and outside."

General Mike Flynn prayed:

"We are your instruments of those sevenfold rays and all your archangels, every single one of them. We will notback down, we will stand our ground. We will not be afraid to speak. We will serve as your instruments, no matter your will. In your name and the name of your legions, we are born free and will remain free. We will not beenslaved by any enemy, both within and outside, with God's help."

General Mike Flynn led unsuspecting and well-intentioned Christians through a prayer from a Theosophical Priestess, Elizabeth Clare Prophet, altering the prayer from the singular "I am" to the plural "We are."

The prayer, which first appeared in Elizabeth Clare Prophet’s book where she claimed to have channeled the Archangel Michael during EC Prophet’s “The Flame of Freedom Speaks” conference in 1984 (see more below).
Prophet's and Flynn's prayer refers to "those sevenfold rays."

According to one of EC Prophet's greatest influencers, Alice Bailey, each ray is an expression of the Hindu Trinity or the Gnostic/Hermetic-influenced Seven Sephiroth of Kabbalah.A ray is but a name for a particular force or type of energy, with an emphasis on the quality that force exhibits, rather than the form aspect it creates. This is a true definition of a ray." (Esoteric Psychology, Vol. I, p.315).

Alice Bailey states that each Ray is an expression of the Hindu Trinity or the Gnostic/Hermetic-influenced SevenSephiroth of Kabbalah.

"Ray I: The Ray of Will and Power
Ray II: The Ray of Love-Wisdom
Ray III: The Ray of Active Intelligence and Adaptability(also known as The Ray of Creative Intelligence)
Ray IV: The Ray of Harmony through Conflict
(also known as The Ray of Harmony, Beauty, and Art)Ray V: The Ray of Concrete Knowledge or Science
Ray VI: The Ray of Devotion and Abstract Idealism Ray VII: The Ray of Ceremonial Order or Magic"

To reiterate, General Mike Flynn had unsuspecting American Christians repeat, word-for-word, a "prayer" that was channeled through a Theosophic Priestess and had origins in Gnostic and Hermetic teachings.

This is "MAGA" Christian Nationalism."
(skipping some stuff :bump:

"Elizabeth Clare Prophet served as the leader of the Church Universal and Triumphant (CUT). She adhered tothe theosophical doctrines of Alice Bailey and Madame Blavatsky, which blend elements of Gnosticism and Hermeticism.

During the 1960s and 1970s, Prophet delivered public speeches, sharing messages and alleged prophecies from"ascended masters". She proclaimed herself as the "Vicar of Christ", authored multiple books, and began advocating for survivalism as early as 1973. In one of her predictions, Prophet stated that a global thermonuclear war would occur on March 15, 1990. Consequently, many of her followers assembled in a compound near Yellowstone National Park in Montana, in anticipation of Armageddon."

Lengthy article attached:

I'm still not quite sure what I just read, it's gonna take a bit to process all that. And that video of them singing sounded like it was set to a 1960's Disney musical.
If General Flynn is associated with this kind of mumbo jumbo, I hope Trump and everyone else steers well clear of him.

We will not beenslaved by any enemy, both within and outside, with God's help."

It sounds like they're slaves to Satan. I wouldn't equate this to MAGA folks, it's a separate and satanic movement that may try to use MAGA.

This is "MAGA" Christian Nationalism."

It's something, but it isn't MAGA and it isn't Christian.

This does sound disturbing....and I certainly see issues connected to the NAR and 'kingdom now' groups.

However, can this be confirmed by some additional sources (can't seem to get videos to work)? In the fog of spiritual war, slander seems to be the tool of choice these days (not saying this is necessarily happening.... I'm just more cautious :hug: ).

The NAR, Kingdom now groups miss Daniel 2 and Rev 18-20, where it's only Jesus who by His power at his appointed time, establishes God's kingdom of heaven on earth.... it's the Lord's battle, This is what the Lord says to Zerubbabel: It is not by force nor by strength, but by my Spirit, says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. Zechariah4:6).

This is why Jesus answered Pilot....Jesus answered, “My Kingdom is not an earthly kingdom. If it were, my followers would fight to keep me from being handed over to the Jewish leaders. But my Kingdom is not of this world.” John 18:36

Thus the term: Kingdom of Heaven. In the battle between good and evil (God and the prince of this world), God in His sovereignty permits (and restrains) this world system, allowing it to continue up to a point... (Revelation 15-19) which then God will judge this world system, along with it's prince who's already been judged: Judgment will come because the ruler of this world has already been judged. John 16:11

This is why the Apostle Paul says: But let me say this, dear brothers: The time that remains is very short. So from now on, those with wives should not focus only on their marriage. Those who weep or who rejoice or who buy things should not be absorbed by their weeping or their joy or their possessions. Those who use the things of the world should not become attached to them. For this world as we know it will soon pass away.

1Corinthians 7:29-30

I think these passages show that a Christian's focus is not on preserving a world or wordly kingdoms which will soon pass away, but rather focus on Jesus' desire in finding His Kingdom citizens. Jesus, Who wants His Heavenly Kingdom filled with believers when it's finally established here on earth by God in it's final glory. The invitation is the Gospel... salvation through faith in Jesus. Sharing the Gospel is the great commision Jesus has given at the end of Matthew and as Acts shows.

I think that Israel, growing as a great body of people within Egypt (a type or symbol of the world) points to this. They didn't become a new nation until they had the needed population for a nation (and in God's sovereign plan and timing).

So too, the Church is a great body of people within the kingdom of this world system, awaiting their new Kingdom with the final establishment of God's Kingdom on earth.

Right now God's Kingdom rules and reigns in the hearts of believers (future citizens of heavenly Jerusalem) in Jesus and their lives as they reflect Gods Kingdom values.

(Just sharing this in case there are those reading who'd benefit. :) )

For those who cannot find corroboration of the OP claims, here is a video that may help:
Mike Flynn leads a Christian church in an occult prayer by fascist cult leader Elizabeth Clare Prophet. Be warned that it will gall your spirit to have to listen to the teachings of Elizabeth Clare Prophet. Talk about a puffed up piece of flesh! Anyway, given all of the statements I have researched from General Flynn himself, actually speaking on camera in various interviews and recorded in text from his own lips, I am inclined to Believe the thrust of the quoted OP article. This so-called Christian Nationalism is a very dangerous movement to the work of God on this earth. It follows the Kingdom Now error and efforts of the NAR. And it will bring severe persecution on the True Church! Just as its author, Satan, intends.

These are the lies and deceptions that the Bible warns us of in the last days. As Christ Himself warned in Matthew 24, the deception, accompanied by signs and miracles, will be so strong that if it were possible even the elect would be deceived. But the Holy Spirit, speaking to our spirits, using those portions of His Word that we have hidden in our hearts will not allow that to happen. This is why it is SO IMPORTANT THAT WE READ GOD'S WORD CONTINUALLY so that by repeated reading it penetrates our hearts and we are not only not troubled by false doctrines, but we are able to warn others.

These are the lies and deceptions that the Bible warns us of in the last days. As Christ Himself warned in Matthew 24, the deception, accompanied by signs and miracles, will be so strong that if it were possible even the elect would be deceived. But the Holy Spirit, speaking to our spirits, using those portions of His Word that we have hidden in our hearts will not allow that to happen. This is why it is SO IMPORTANT THAT WE READ GOD'S WORD CONTINUALLY so that by repeated reading it penetrates our hearts and we are not only not trouble by false doctrine, but we are able to warn others.
Amen Pastor :thankyou:

Found a bunch of articles condemning Christian nationalism on this baptist site. It appears that those speaking out against it also speak out against “election deniers” and “vaccine conspiracy theorists.” And put them in the same camp as Christian nationalists.
What a mess. I don’t know what to think anymore.
But I do think this Christian nationalism is a bad thing.
From the linked article:
Both days’ events were replete with MAGA superstars, conspiracy theorists, January 6 insurrection organizers and violence-laden rhetoric of an “America First” Christianity. Tyler said she got a full dose of that toxicity attending the “Pastors for Trump” rally.

“Last night, I witnessed firsthand how this ideology is being used to foment unrest and spread lies and conspiracy theories about COVID vaccines and the security of our election system,” she said. “Speakers … placed Scripture and prayer into their political speeches, labeling the election as a ‘spiritual war’ and using violent and militaristic language. They claim to have heard prophecies that Donald Trump will be elected again and encouraged the crowd that they were put into this moment in time to ensure that happens again — at whatever price. This violent rhetoric is irresponsible and dangerous.”
https://baptistnews.com/article/chr...inst-about-the-ongoing-reawaken-america-tour/

It seems that supporting Trump has hurt our witness. How will people understand that we are simply Jesus followers now? Who yes - love our country and don’t want to see it fall.
But because of these NAR people and Flynn and all of these other crazies we are lumped in with them now.
What a mess.

And according to those Baptist writers quoted above, they would have to include my Mom and many others in my family in the Christian nationalists too, even though they are not even believers, because they all happen to be against the Covid jab. And what about my New Age, former blue now red aunts and cousins who are convinced the election was stolen?

Is there a weird “shut up and line up for the Soylent green” agenda going on within the baptist and other mainline denominations?

Still so disturbed this morning upon waking up. Pastors need to be warning their congregations not to attend these ReAwaken meetings. We need to have our faces in the Word and be in prayer that we are walking in Love and are about the Father’s business in these very last days, so that we still have a chance of being a good witness to the lost. I pray this whole thing never becomes a major topic in the news. If it does it will be yet one more thing confusing my Mom about what a Christian actually is.

And in light of all of this, I’m not sure I can vote for Trump with a good conscience, if these people keep globbing on to him.

But maybe that’s what the other side wants?
Maybe this whole Christian Nationalism movement was started by NWO schemers? (Ultimately by Satan, yes.)

So exhaustingly confusing. Going to put my face in the Word now. Need some TRUTH.

And if he hasn’t already, Jack Hibbs needs to publicly address this, STAT. People who adhere to his teachings are in real danger of being caught up in this, or perceived by unbelievers as being a part of this.

Not only unbelievers actually, but believers.

This could potentially divide the remnant!

This is one of the reasons why I NEVER stick with just one teacher. I am NOT baptized into any other name but the Name of Jesus Christ.

And if he hasn’t already, Jack Hibbs needs to publicly address this, STAT. People who adhere to his teachings are in real danger of being caught up in this, or perceived by unbelievers as being a part of this.

Not only unbelievers actually, but believers.

This could potentially divide the remnant!

This is one of the reasons why I NEVER stick with just one teacher. I am NOT baptized into any other name but the Name of Jesus Christ.
Jack Hibbs has been labeled a Christian Nationalist by the angry unsaved left, but that certainty does not make him what they labeled him.

Have you ever listened to his sermons?

And in light of all of this, I’m not sure I can vote for Trump with a good conscience, if these people keep globbing on to him.

But maybe that’s what the other side wants?
Maybe this whole Christian Nationalism movement was started by NWO schemers? (Ultimately by Satan, yes.)

So exhaustingly confusing. Going to put my face in the Word now. Need some TRUTH.
There are several reasons I did not want to vote for Trump, but now that he is the nominee, I have no problems voting for him again.

Jack Hibbs has been labeled a Christian Nationalist by the angry unsaved left, but that certainty does not make him what they labeled him.

Have you ever listened to his sermons?
Yes I have listened to him a lot, but not this Year at all. I understand that he isn’t one of them. Of course he isn’t. But he needs to clearly tell people to stay away from this, if he hasn’t already.

The reason why I’m so bothered is because I knew that they were labeling us as Christian nationalists. But what I didn’t know is that it’s actually a real thing, with apparently satanic roots.I knew it was a NAR thing but didn’t realize how bad it actually is.

Back