What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Church Burnings Continue in Canada Long After ‘Residential School’ Horror Story Fizzled

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Staff member
Canada’s National Post noted on Wednesday that church arsons “never stopped,” with at least six new church fires reported in the past two months, but the media gives them little coverage and rarely discusses the debunked reports of mass graves at a Christian boarding school for indigenous children that touched off a wave of church burnings in the spring of 2021.

The church burnings began after tribal leaders in British Columbia claimed a radar survey had uncovered 215 mass graves beneath the ground where the Kamloops Indian Residential School once stood. Several other mass grave discoveries near the sites of other Catholic boarding schools were soon announced, bringing the total up to over 750.

As it turned out, the discoveries that Trudeau claimed made church burnings “understandable” were false. No actual mass graves were ever uncovered.

On my rez in E. Washington, there are a few known areas where smallpox victims would be buried (circ 1860s). I'm not sure what the natives in Kamloops are observing, but it seems they have gone in for a deep dive to increase their victim status.

It's unfortunate that it turned out the initial story of buried bodies was actually quite false. Shows the power of slander in action. Interestingly it seems the First Nation leaders are not excited about the church burnings either, from the OP:

The Toronto Sun noted in July 2021 that First Nations leaders were quicker to condemn the church burnings than the Trudeau administration, and they did so in much stronger terms, frankly denouncing the arsons as inexcusable crimes.

On my rez in E. Washington, there are a few known areas where smallpox victims would be buried (circ 1860s). I'm not sure what the natives in Kamloops are observing, but it seems they have gone in for a deep dive to increase their victim status.

Seems to be a popular attribute in America these days. :ohno: :pray: ing that they find true satisfaction through faith in Christ. :pray:

Back