What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bank of America to Christians: We Don’t Serve Your “Type” Here

When Bank of America (BofA) arbitrarily and quietly closed the accounts of Indigenous Advance Ministries and one of its church supporters, it afterward claimed that it no longer wanted to serve their “business type.” When BofA closed the account of Timothy Two Project International, it informed the ministry it was because it was “operating a business type we have chosen not to service.”

Another “type” of business that BofA doesn’t want to service is that of “conservative” Christian author, preacher, and podcaster Lance Wallnau. He explained what happened in an Instagram post (which was subsequently deleted):

You won’t believe what just happened to me! My own bank account got frozen by Bank of America for no reason other than being a conservative podcaster.

In order to “unfreeze” his accounts Wallnau was subjected to a series of highly invasive questions about his ministry. He said, “I had to go through a complete marketing audit explaining every dollar of our ministry’s budget,” adding that “It’s not even legal. I did it because I felt like freeing up the money and documenting how screwed up the Bank of America is.”

More

My suggestion would be to cut off all ties with the Bank of America if you have any. Don't let them get a cent from you. The way to hurt a bank (or any business for that matter) is to hit it in its bottom line.

I make $$ off of BA, cost them money through processing of deposits, withdrawals, transfers, and cash-back on dc, and other than the fact that they make money off the money sitting in my checking account, they don't make any money off of me (my account is free to me) :lol:

BA has generally treated me very well in both Missouri and Minnesota (over 20 years :lol:

Not planning on using BoA plastic at or for anything Bible-related or Christian (and never did) :) I need a local institution to cash checks, etc., and the account is used to facilitate payment of student loans, long-term care premiums, and union dues :lol:

My suggestion would be to cut off all ties with the Bank of America if you have any. Don't let them get a cent from you. The way to hurt a bank (or any business for that matter) is to hit it in its bottom line.
B of A was instrumental in causing so many to loose their homes back in the “Subprime Mortgage Crises” that started in 2007. That was the end of doing business with them for us.

B of A was instrumental in causing so many to loose their homes back in the “Subprime Mortgage Crises” that started in 2007. That was the end of doing business with them for us.
It was actually the subprime mortgage companies they bought when everything fell apart. From what I understand, the big banks were "required" to buy the failing/failed mortgage companies to prevent an even bigger disaster. When that happened, BoA started assessing more/higher fees and changed eligibility rules for free accounts, to include for their existing customers, to cover costs and losses from the acquisitions :mad: I substituted a different eligibility I have and my account's free :big grin; :lol:

If the money that was used to bail the banks out had been used to refi all the adjustable rate mortgages into fixed rate 30 and 40-year mortgages with the low payments people could afford when they got their subprime mortgages, almost none of the disaster would have happened and the banks and mortgage companies would have been fine. And, they should have outlawed adjustable rate mortgages, especially those with huge balloon payments.

Well after that debacle was over and things were "back to normal," my parents almost lost their house because of an unscrupulous banker that sold them a 5-year adjustable rate with a balloon cash-out refi plus HELOC, and another unscrupulous banker tried to sell them the same product with less favorable terms for the needed refi for the balloon, plus leaving the existing HELOC balance (adjustable rate) unpaid, and giving another HELOC. Fortunately, I stopped that one (the banker was furious) and got Dad a 30-year fixed refi with the balloon, old HELOC, etc. paid off, and a new HELOC. I had to explain to Dad that HELOC was for emergency big things like a new furnace if it wasn't covered by insurance and he didn't have enough savings for it, etc. Mom and Dad had been using the HELOC like a regular cc to eat out all the time because they had spent $$$$$$$$$$ to bail out a sibling and Mom couldn't cook safely anymore :headbang: :mad: When Dad had to use the HELOC for something big, the payments were $17 a month, but I made him pay $100 a month due to adjustable rate, and when he got a lump sum from the VA about the time interest really started to rise, pay HELOC off.

Somewhere along the way, Dad got the idea that he couldn't get a 30-year mortgage because of his age, that there was no interest on the HELOC until the draw date was over, that he didn't have to and shouldn't make HELOC payments until then, and he didn't understand the high (adjustable) interest (and payments) on a HELOC, and that if the value of the house and/or their credit wasn't good enough to get another mortgage, that they wouldn't be able to pay off the HELOC and mortgage with a new one, and they'd lose the house because they didn't have the money to pay everything that was owed on the house :headbang: :mad: :apost: :ban:

Back