What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This Was Not the Actual Iranian Attack: Daniel Greenfield

Almost Heaven

Well-known
  • This was the "attack" prearranged for show between Iran and the Biden administration through backchannels.
  • It's an attack that allows Iran to show off that it can reach Israel (look at those lights over the Temple Mount), while not inflicting any real damage.
  • [H]ad Iran actually been trying to launch a serious attack, it would have used its Hezbollah, Houthi, Iraqi and whatever is left of its Hamas proxies to saturate local air defenses.
  • Iran will do things beyond this light show, which was largely meant to reassure the Biden administration that its "diplomatic tools" have successfully solved the problem. That's an illusion that Iran has used to allow it to build up its nuclear weapons program....

Read more... This Was Not the Actual Iranian Attack

This Was Not the Actual Iranian Attackby Daniel Greenfield​

It is a rare occasion that I don't agree with Daniel Greenfield, but this is one of them.
What the Iranian regime lobbed to Israel was enough to wreak a serious amount of damage.
And it is no more or less than a miracle of God that there was almost no harm done.

Yes, I agree that they tested Israel's defence systems, and yes they could have done more.
But it is in fact another miracle that Hamas, Hebollah, Houthis and Iran don't coordinate their moves.
From an earthly perspective I guess that they don't work together, so they won't have the "share the victory".
But ultimately, it is the hand of God that orchestrates everything.

And so, while I respect Mr. Greenfield a lot, that perspective is sadly lacking by him.

I tend to agree with Greenfield. I think it was enough to weaken Israel financially, and cause some damage that by God's grace wasn't more but it had all the marks of an Iranian chess game.

Open weak, draw the enemy into the trap while lulling his suspicions.

I think their idea was to have Israel attack back, guns blazing, full on 100% attack mode. That would have broken the Israeli American bond and put Israel in the world's opinion as the real aggressor.

Instead Israel seems to have made a back room deal of their own with Biden's WHouse, because the very day after the Israeli counter attack (a mild one designed to show what they COULD have done if they wanted) was the vote in the UN to create a Pali State. The US used their veto and the vote didn't happen.

And Israel comes out smelling like a rose and avoiding the UN creating sovereign territory out of Israeli land for their sworn enemies who tried to massacre them on Oct 6.

I think some give a wee bit too much credit to Iran's military capabilities. They're only a step higher than their proxies when it comes to warfare. They have been able to add more sophisticated weapons to their inventory thanks to obama and the United States, but the weapons are not on a parr with Israel nor other more advanced nations.

I think some give a wee bit too much credit to Iran's military capabilities. They're only a step higher than their proxies when it comes to warfare. They have been able to add more sophisticated weapons to their inventory thanks to obama and the United States, but the weapons are not on a parr with Israel nor other more advanced nations.
I think it's safer to overestimate their abilities than underestimate. There's a lot of money floating around after Biden sent billions. They're friends with Russia and China- you can bet your sweet bippy that China would be happy to sell equipment and tech to Iran in order to bring US standing down as a global superpower, which is China's goal.

Back