What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steven Furtick's Elevation Church sent Easter seeker-friendly invites that omit 'resurrection,' 'Calvary'

Christian music artists and pastors have weighed in after a senior staffer at Steven Furtick’s Elevation Church in North Carolina revealed the megachurch doesn’t use words like “resurrection,” “Calvary” or the “blood of Jesus” in their Easter invitations for fear of alienating potential non-Christian attendees.

Nicki Shearer, Elevation Church’s digital content director, recently spoke with Pro Church Tools and said the church, which has 20 locations, avoids using language that “immediately makes someone feel like an outsider.”

“When I think about how I’m going to talk about Easter, I’m thinking about how I’m going to talk to people far from God, because that’s the thing that matters most to us,” Shearer said, adding the church wants to reach the “un-churched” and churched alike.....

..... “I'm putting a lot of my focus, energy, time, resources toward what I would call the ‘cold audience,’ people far from God,” she reiterated. “I'm not going to say the word ‘Calvary,’ not going to say the word ‘resurrection,’ I'm not going to say the ‘blood of Jesus,' I'm not going to say any of these words that make someone feel like an outsider. This is really an important guide for how we develop language. Anyone can be a part of our church; it might not be for everyone, everyone might not like it, but anyone can come.”

Complete article:

No surprise coming from an apostate false teacher :apost:

They mistake conviction for 'making someone feel like an outsider.'

Jesus even said He will divide people.

[Mat 10:34-39 NASB95]
34 "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.
35 "For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW;
36 and A MAN'S ENEMIES WILL BE THE MEMBERS OF HIS HOUSEHOLD.
37 "He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.
38 "And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.
39 "He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.

So, just some nice music, dancing and peeling eggs?
Lady, you better take down the words "Holiday", Elevation" and "Church".
Way not woke enough. Just think, the word Church alone is so exclusive.
Not to mention "Christian" and "Christ".
Jesus Himself was way too exclusive.
Calling Himself the Only Way to the Father.

You better rename your "Church", to make it far more inclusive
Make it the "Wine into Water Diluters"
Or the "Let's eat drink and make merry club".

That's a coincidence in a way b/c I'm thinking the King of Kings and Lord of Lords may be planning or already has omitted the word Christian from these folks vain worship, praise, singing, etc. No one should judge their soul but boy does it feel like that church has a lot of people totally clueless about our Triune Godhead and the Bible.

Back