What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please watch.

mattfivefour

Admin/Pastor
Staff member
People often ask me about the heart of a pastor. When I first watched the following short clip a couple of months ago, it rocked my world. I wept long and hard. A few minutes ago Andrea sent it to me again. Again I watched it. Again it touched the very deepest part of my soul. I urge you to watch this. THIS is how God forms a pastor's heart.

That is a really great video, thank you for sharing!

I’m so grateful for people who are able to work w/ those who struggle w/ addiction and/or mental illness. I used to find it terrifying when I would have to walk past them on the streets to get to work and every week that block just seemed to increase more and more for that population of suffering. It was just so terrifying, because you would never know if they were going to go off and attack you or not. I remember one coworker who was knocked to the ground by one of them and then a group of them surrounded her and tried lighting her on fire. Also, nowadays, healthy bystanders don't always come to help stop them, but instead just walk on by because they are also to fearful to get involved (with good reason, we are becoming out numbered on that block). I absolutely hate what drugs do to people. Thank you so much for pastors and all others who push past that fear.

Father God, please continue to bless and guide those who are gifted w/ the ability to help this population, because w/ how strong these drugs are becoming it’s getting more and more unsafe to approach the addicted and try to help lead them to you for healing, deliverance and salvation, which only you can provide.

Back