What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Spiral-Shaped Lens is Massive Improvement for Eyewear: ‘Potentially Revolutionizing Ophthalmology’

Ghoti Ichthus

Genesis 18:32, 2 Chronicles 7:14, Acts 5:29

New Spiral-Shaped Lens is Massive Improvement for Eyewear: ‘Potentially Revolutionizing Ophthalmology’

"Ophthalmologists have developed a spiral-shaped contact lens that maintains clear focus at different distances and in varying light conditions.
The new lens works much like progressive lenses used for vision correction but without the distortions typically seen with those lenses. It could help advance contact lens technologies, intraocular implants for cataracts, and miniaturized imaging systems."

More

I have an expensive pair of progressive lens glasses that I pretty much can’t wear. I tried driving with them and that’s a no go for me.
That’s too bad. I didn’t need much correction with my distance and so I don’t get as much peripheral distortion as a lot of people do. What bugs me about them though, is the very narrow reading area. It’s ridiculous. They told me it would get better. No, it didn’t. Thankfully, my Bible is double-columned, but if it wasn’t I would be so upset because I can’t stand having to nod my head back and forth when I read larger areas of text. (And, I paid more for the supposedly better lenses too!) I think I need to get a pair of dedicated reading glasses for when I’m reading a lot. Maybe you can use traditional lenses for driving and the progressives for church and errands once you adjust to them more. One thing I do love about them is the mid-vision when I am in the stores…no more craning my neck to read labels on the shelves.

That’s too bad. I didn’t need much correction with my distance and so I don’t get as much peripheral distortion as a lot of people do. What bugs me about them though, is the very narrow reading area. It’s ridiculous. They told me it would get better. No, it didn’t. Thankfully, my Bible is double-columned, but if it wasn’t I would be so upset because I can’t stand having to nod my head back and forth when I read larger areas of text. (And, I paid more for the supposedly better lenses too!) I think I need to get a pair of dedicated reading glasses for when I’m reading a lot. Maybe you can use traditional lenses for driving and the progressives for church and errands once you adjust to them more. One thing I do love about them is the mid-vision when I am in the stores…no more craning my neck to read labels on the shelves.
I have two pairs of glasses. I hardly ever wear the progressive lens pair for the same reason. The 2nd pair is bifocals with the reading section set to a specific distance so I can play my music , and I honestly prefer them.

I have two pairs of glasses. I hardly ever wear the progressive lens pair for the same reason. The 2nd pair is bifocals with the reading section set to a specific distance so I can play my music , and I honestly prefer them.
Before Dad's lasik and lens implants, he had regular trifocals so he could read, read music, and distance/driving. He got progressives (we all called them progressos) and liked them, but had to have glass lenses. He didn't have astigmatism and had worn glasses for decades when he made the switch. His Dad also wore glass-lensed trifocals because of reading music. He had cataract surgery the old way, so no vision correction, only cataract removal, and had to be very careful to wear sun glasses outside and no night driving because of headlight glare and blinding.

Back