What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mainstream News Articles About the NAR

Andiamo

Hanging on to the Throne
People are writing about the NAR and lumping in all Christians into it. I’m so bothered by this article. It’s making us all look like a bunch of crazed, dazed wannabe warriors for Trump and “for God.” It makes me sick that my unsaved family may start seeing me in this way. I fear that the salt will become almost undetectable by the world because of this.

From the lengthy article:
Broad-brush terms like Christian nationalism and white evangelicals have tended to obscure these intricacies. NAR’s growth has also gone largely undetected in conventional surveys of American religiosity, with their old categories such as Southern Baptist and Presbyterian. It is most clearly reflected in the rise of nondenominational churches—the only category of churches that is growing in this country—though not fully, because many followers do not attend church
Convergence. Spiritual warfare. Demonic strongholds. These were the kinds of terms that Tami tossed off easily, and knew could make the movement seem loopy to outsiders. But they were part of a vocabulary that added up to a whole way of seeing the world, one traceable not so much to ancient times but rather to 1971.
What happened next is the story of one woman’s journey into the fastest-growing segment of Christianity in the country—a movement that helped propel Donald Trump to the White House, that fueled his attempts to overturn the 2020 election, and that is becoming a radicalizing force within the more familiar Christian right.

It is called the New Apostolic Reformation, or NAR, a sprawling ecosystem of leaders who call themselves apostles and prophets and claim to receive direct revelations from God. Its congregations can be found in cities and towns across the country—on landscaped campuses, in old supermarkets, in the shells of defunct churches. It has global prayer networks, streaming broadcasts, books, podcasts, apps, social-media influencers, and revival tours. It has academies, including a new one where a fatigues-wearing prophet says he is training “warriors” for spiritual battle against demonic forces, which he and other leaders are identifying as people and groups associated with liberal politics. Its most prominent leaders include a Korean American apostle who spoke at a “Stop the Steal” rally prior to the January 6 insurrection and a Honduran American apostle whose megachurch was key to Trump’s evangelical outreach. Besides Trump, its political allies include school-board members, county commissioners, judges, and state legislators such as Doug Mastriano, a retired Army intelligence officer whose outsider campaign for Pennsylvania governor last year was widely ridiculed, even as he won the GOP nomination and 42 percent of the general-election vote.

Honestly, as true followers of Christ, I think our most profound and effective witness in this late hour, may very well be to simply disappear from this world. Without that separation of the wheat from the chaff I don’t hold out much hope for us to have a great impact, except for outreaches to the prisoners, drug-addicted and other hurting people who couldn’t care less about politics.

Bibles (and hymnals, etc.) have been banned in many places at many times throughout history. The Bible is the most banned book in history.
But God, in love and mercy, always preserves His word that people can learn and come to saving faith <3

:bouncies:

:thankyou: JESUS!!! :thankyou:

I don't think the church will still be here when the time comes for those evil persons to take the bibles and destroy them. However, if we are, they can take my bible, take away the churches, but they cant take away Him from me.
I think you’re right. Actually even toward the very end I don’t think they will bother taking away the Bibles….instead, they will continue to corrupt and confuse what is the Truth. And won’t allow Truth to be shared.
I always imagine myself handing them my old, dusty NIV…while I have my beloved KJV with all of my notes in it, hidden 😆
I would have to be tazed for them to take my KJV 😆

Back