What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In A World Encased In Violence, Prophecy Is The Stabiliser Of Our Faith

By Dean Dwyer for
Harbinger 's Daily
As we open the daily news, there is one action that is guaranteed to be reported: violence. No matter which country you live in, violence is a fact of everyday life and is only growing worse. I am sure I am not alone when I say that most days, I lift my eyes to the heavens and ask, “How long, o Lord, how long?”
Concerning Israel, though the violence of war reverberates throughout their land (and will continue in the Tribulation Period), how wonderful to read of the promise of Isaiah 60:18 concerning the Millennial Kingdom: “Violence shall no longer be heard in your land, neither wasting nor destruction within your borders; But you shall call your walls Salvation, and your gates Praise.”

How long will it be until this wonderful promise is fulfilled? For many people throughout the world, particularly those who are under constant threat of violence, a similar cry is echoed – how much longer will this violence and wickedness persist? How much longer will the wicked be allowed to grow in strength and number?
Habakkuk also dealt with concern over wickedness, particularly when he was told God would use the more wicked Babylonians to punish the less wicked Judeans. Habakkuk 1:13: “You are of purer eyes than to behold evil, and cannot look on wickedness. Why do You look on those who deal treacherously, and hold Your tongue when the wicked devours a person more righteous than he?”

Then, in verse 17, he says: “Shall they therefore empty their net, and continue to slay nations without pity?” In other words, how could a just God allow Babylon’s merciless slaughter of the nations, much less their triumph against God’s people in Judah? Why God are you allowing this? Why does strength belong to the wicked and humiliation belong to the just?

More

Back