What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Focus On God and Heaven!

Goodboy

Just waiting for the Rapture at this point!
Focus On God and Heaven!

Acts 16:22
And the multitude rose up together against them: and the magistrates rent off their clothes, and commanded to beat them.
Acts 16:23 And when they had laid many stripes upon them, they cast them into prison, charging the jailer to keep them safely:
Acts 16:24 Who, having received such a charge, thrust them into the inner prison, and made their feet fast in the stocks.
Acts 16:25 And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.

The passage above is just a small example of Paul's life which I am pretty sure is worse than yours. You will notice what Paul does after he is beaten and put into prison.

Along with praying he also sings! Why would he sing? I believe this is because he was happy. Why was he happy? Because he was in God's plan and he knew it. Knowing that, he also knew that God would be pleased with him and he would be rewarded in Heaven. So this made him happy. So you may say "Can you really be happy in bad times?" Well God showed me that you can, in a kind of weird way.

A member of the church I was attending died and the funeral was about 4 hours away from where I lived at the time. I agreed to drive some church members along with my wife to the funeral. Long story short, I was driving back on the highway about 2:00am in the morning. Everyone in the car was sort of solemn from the funeral and the fact that it was now late at night. All of a sudden I have a blowout!

OK, what a pain this is going to be, but at least I do have a good spare. Well at the time I had wheel locks and it was on so tight I could not get it loose. OK, so now it’s 2:00 in the morning and I am stuck on the highway. A state trooper passed by not 5 minutes later and asked if I needed assistance. I said yes, so he then called a tow truck. Mean while we kept trying to get the wheel lock loose and at last we did.

All this time I am thinking “God why would you allow this to happen when I am only trying to do something good”. Well right after we got the tire changed, the tow truck showed up. Well God put it in my spirit that I should give the driver a few dollars along with a tract. So that is just what I did. I’m not sure how God conveys this, but I KNEW I WAS IN GOD’s PLAN. This made me and the others with me very happy and joyful. So guess what we did? We started singing the rest of the trip, just like Paul and Silas. Not because we were trying to work something up, but because we were truly happy.

Now I know a flat tire is a very small issue, but God showed me how you can be truly happy in a bad situation by being in his will. The thing is not to focus on what is happening, but whether you are in God’s plan. If you are, then God is pleased with you and you will also receive rewards in heaven. Focus on theses things and you can be happy in any circumstance.

Goodboy
🙂

Back