What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Revolution in Prophetic Affairs Vol. IV

Andy C

Well-known
Historically, interpreters of Biblical prophecy, particularly those focusing on the Book of Revelation, were constrained by the technological knowledge of their era, struggling to conceptualize the advanced technologies prophesied. Their foresight was limited, unable to envision the mechanisms through which such prophecies could manifest. Today, the challenge has shifted from a lack of imaginative capacity to an overabundance of technological possibilities. The question is no longer if the events described in Revelation can occur, but rather through which of the numerous plausible technological avenues they might unfold.

In the context of the Old Testament, prophecies were often fragmented, appearing disconnected and challenging to interpret cohesively at the time of their divine revelation. Like a disassembled mosaic, these pieces often seemed impossible to unite into a singular coherent image. However, the New Testament brings clarity to these prophecies, weaving them into a comprehensive narrative that showcases the Messiah's dual roles: initially, as the suffering servant offering redemption, and subsequently as the triumphant king leading divine forces to liberate humanity from sin, death, and satanic oppression.

This evolution of understanding underscores the principle that insights into divine revelation become more precise with time, affirming the adage that hindsight is indeed 20/20.

Furthermore, the New Testament builds upon previous revelations given to the prophets or introduces new divine insights through Jesus Christ or the Apostles. In the Biblical sense, the concept of a 'mystery' refers to a divine truth once concealed but now disclosed to the faithful, illuminating the continuity and expansion of God's revelation from the Old to the New Testament.

I really, really like this superb article by Pete. It's probably the best article I have ever read on the subject: a real masterpiece. But it included the most depressing thing I have ever read...and it was this--

" Even if mankind wanted to, the only recourse from our present trajectory is an outbreak of sincere global repentance, which is not only impossible (given the diversity of belief systems around the world), but also the seed of wickedness that is so embedded into the nature of reality that, apart from God, it would be impossible. Even if God opened up the sky and revealed Himself to mankind, they would not repent, instead, as they do at Armageddon, choose to take up arms against Him.​

"Such is the fallen nature of Creation."​

I am not disputing this. I know it's an accurate conclusion from God's Word. It's just that seeing it written out like this is, for me, very depressing. In fact, the thought that so many --in fact the vast majority-- around us are going to wind up in hell is beyond depressing. At least for me. It dramatically demonstrates in a fresh way the hard truth of Jesus' words in Matthew 7:13-14.

"Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few."​

Back